Adam is an experienced tax lawyer, and advises clients on a range of matters including tax planning and structuring, Division 7A, the small business CGT concessions, corporate restructuring, professional firm structures, trust taxation, the taxation of settlements and cryptocurrency taxation.
Adam regularly acts for taxpayers in dispute and controversy matters, and provides assistance with ATO reviews and audits.
His clients include professional firms, small-to-medium enterprises, high-net-worth individuals and family groups.
Adam regularly presents at tax discussion groups and webinars, and has been quoted in the Australian Financial Review a number of times in relation to cryptocurrency taxation.
- Assisting small-to-medium enterprises, high-net-worth individuals and family groups with ATO reviews and audits.
- Providing structuring advice to small and mid-tier professional firms.
- Preparation of Division 7A Loan Agreements, and providing advice in relation to Division 7A generally.
- Restructuring of small-to-medium enterprises and privately owned businesses including the provision of income tax and stamp duty advice, and the drafting of transaction documents.
- Advising on the application of the small business CGT concessions.
- Preparing and lodging voluntary disclosures with the ATO and State Revenue Offices.
- Advising Zebpay on the establishment of its cryptocurrency exchange in Australia.
- Preparing and lodging Private Binding Rulings.
Tax | 12 May 2021
The Budget 2021-22 is focused on securing Australia’s recovery.