Adam advises clients on a range matters including taxation disputes, Division 7A, CGT, corporate restructuring, professional firm structures, trust taxation, superannuation, the taxation of settlements and blockchain/cryptocurrency taxation.
His clients include professional firms, small-to-medium enterprises, high-net-worth individuals and family groups.
- Assisting small-to-medium enterprises, high-net-worth individuals and family groups with ATO reviews,audits, objections and disputes.
- Assisting clients that are subject to the ATO’s Top 500 and Next 5,000 programs.
- Advising on the taxation of trusts, including in respect of vesting, the preparation of minutes/resolution and sections 100A and 99B.
- Providing structuring advice to small and mid-tier professional firms.
- Providing corporate restructuring advice to small-to-medium enterprises.
- Preparation of standard and specialised Division 7A Loan Agreements, and providing advice in relation to Division 7A generally.
- Providing supernnuation advice, including in relation to strucuring and voluntary disclosures.
- Advising on the application of the small business CGT concessions.
- Advising Zebpay on the establishment of its cryptocurrency exchange in Australia.
- Advising self-managed superannuation fund trustees and members regarding structuring, related party investments, in-house assets, taxation reviews and disputes, voluntary disclosures to the ATO, non-arm’s length income (NALI) and non-arm's length expenditure (NALE) provisions.
Awards and recognition
The Tax Institute Community Achievement AwardsTax Trailblazer
Best Lawyers in Australia 2024Recognised – Tax Law ('Ones to Watch')
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023Recommended – Tax
- The Tax Institute – Affiliate Member
Tax | 10 May 2023
The Budget 2023-24 is nothing short of an election budget. It is big on spending and short on substantive tax measures.