Events | 23 Mar 2021
The workforce challenges arising from the Royal Commission into Aged Care, Quality and Safety recommendations
Out of the 148 recommendations handed down in the recent Final Report, there were many that centred on aged care providers, employers and employees. But what do these recommendations mean for those in the industry? What workforce challenges are likely to arise if these recommendations are adopted?
Join AHHA, ACHSM, and Hall & Wilcox for our third webinar where we discussed the workforce challenges that will arise, including:
- a national registration regime;
- mandatory minimum qualifications and minimum English language proficiency for personal care workers;
- minimum staff time standards for residential care;
- increased education and training, including for dementia care and palliative care;
- increases in award wages; and
- strategic leadership and workforce planning.