Nina has practiced in defendant insurance law since 2007. She has extensive experience in acting on behalf of insurers and their insureds in defending public liability claims (both personal injury and property damage) and professional indemnity claims in Queensland and New South Wales.
Nina also has experience in defending workers’ compensation claims on behalf of self-insured clients in Queensland, and in acting for CTP insurers and the Nominal Defendant in relation to personal injury motor accident claims in New South Wales.
Nina advises insurers on policy response and prioritises taking a commercial approach to the resolution of disputes. She strongly values her client relationships, always making herself available to address client needs.
Nina is a member of the NSW Association of Women in Insurance and an enthusiastic advocate for the pro bono initiatives supported by Hall & Wilcox.
- Acting for real estate agents in defending claims by tenants or their invitees for injuries suffered at properties managed by the insureds. Advancing claims for contractual indemnity against the property owners where appropriate.
- Acting for a leading cleaning contractor in defence of multi-party claims arising from slip and fall incidents in Shopping Centres throughout Queensland.
- Acting for security services providers and Hotels, Clubs and licensees in defence of personal injury claims resulting in traumatic brain injuries as a result of assaults.
- Advising underwriters on indemnity and the potential application of exclusions particularly in assault claims and in relation to assumed contractual liabilities.
- Acting for brokers in response to claims arising from their placement of insurance and advising underwriters on potential exclusions to cover.
- Acting for building certifiers in relation to alleged losses resulting from defective certifications resulting in pure economic loss.
- Acting for large corporates and their insurers in defence of multi-party property damage litigated claims.
- Acting for a pest control company in relation to property damage arising from untreated termites.