Clare has 20 years experience across a number of sectors. She currently acts for international and domestic insurers, large corporates in construction and health, and local government.
Clare regularly advises on policy interpretation, coverage disputes and recoveries. She acts in complex, multi-party claims where issues of contractual indemnities and dual insurance arise, including in the Supreme Court of NSW.
In addition to her claims experiences, Clare regularly advises large corporates on insurance issues.
The breadth of her experience means she has an in-depth understanding of the needs of stakeholders and an ability to manage a large portfolio of matters.
Clare collaborates with clients to improve claims processes and better identify recovery prospects from other parties to mitigate losses arising from claims. She is highly regarded for her technical advice and stringent case management. She is adept at evidence gathering to support defences.
Clare is a confident advocate and is highly regarded for her commitment to applying the law to best protect her client’s interests.
She holds a Master of Laws from the University of Sydney.
- Acting for large corporates in defence of claims including claims arising from labour hire arrangements. Clare has a detailed knowledge of the application of statutory defences in the Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW).
- Defending major construction claims typically involving multiple defendants and complex expert evidence in superior courts.
- Acting for owners and occupiers of commercial premises including shopping centres, retail stores, hotels, pubs and clubs, functions centres, restaurants, cafes, boarding houses and mixed use premises in defence of claims.
- Defending s151Z recovery claims.
- Acting for NSW State Government agencies such as Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) in relation to claims and prosecutions.
- Advising large corporates in the construction and health industries on insurance related issues.
- Law Society of NSW
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Women in Insurance
Insurance | 14 Oct 2021
The Full Court of the Federal Court of Australia has handed down its decision following the appeal of Technology Swiss Pty Ltd v AAI Limited t/as Vero Insurance.