Alex has practiced in litigation since 2013. She has experience across insurance, government and commercial sectors. Alex currently acts for international and domestic insurer clients, self-insured clients and local councils in personal injury claims.
Alex has experience in all levels of New South Wales courts, as well as Victoria and Queensland. Alex’s practice is predominantly multi-party, complex claims, including catastrophic claims (in excess of $3 million). Alex applies her broad experience to achieve excellent outcomes for our clients.
Alex also has experience working for CTP insurers in relation to personal injury motor accident claims in New South Wales.
Alex actively contributes to our pro bono practice and is currently assisting local legal centres.
- Acting for local councils in defence of personal injury claims. Alex frequently advises on the application of statutory defences available under the Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW). Alex has acted for a council in personal injury proceedings in which a verdict was obtained in favour of the Council and upheld on appeal.
- Acting for head contractors and subcontractors in respect of multi-party, high quantum claims arising from injuries sustained at construction sites, including securing judgment in favour of a scaffolding contractor.
- Acting for owners of commercial premises including shopping centres, retail stores, hotels, pubs and clubs, restaurants, sporting grounds and mixed use premises in defence of personal injury claims.
- Acting for NSW State Government agencies under SiCorp including Roads and Maritime Services and Department of Education.
- Acting in coronial investigations and inquiries.
- Defending 151Z recovery claims.
- Acting for motor accident insurers, including providing concise advice in relation to a large number of filed marked for negotiating settlements in a short period.
- Law Society of NSW