Oliver is a Corporate Partner, whose practice focuses on mergers & acquisitions, corporate advisory, divestments, foreign investments and start-up capital raising.
He has particular expertise in cross-border transactions advising foreign clients on their legal needs in Australia and how to enter the Australian market. Oliver’s practice also comprises drafting a range of commercial agreements including shareholders and distribution agreements and advising on IT contracts.
Oliver is the current President of European Business, an international business networking organisation which seeks to promote trade and investment between Europe and Australia. Oliver also sits on the board of SwissCham and is a premium partner of the German-Australian Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
He is also a member of our European desk, advising European companies on transactions in Australia.
Oliver is recommended in the 2020 edition of the Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Advising Sto Group on its acquisition of Unitex.
- Assisting Sealed Air Corporation (NYSE: SEE) in relation to the Australian aspects of the USD$3.2 billion sale of Sealed Air’s Diversey Care division and the food hygiene and cleaning business to global private investment firm, Bain Capital Private Equity.
- Advising Austrian based Knill Group on their acquisition of an Australian company.
- Advising Einhell Germany AG on their acquisition of the Ozito group of companies.
- Advising the WAGO Group on an acquisition of a company in Australia.
- Advising Inabox Group on their acquisition of listed telecommunication and IT company Anittel Group Limited.
- Advising Boost Juice founders Janine and Jeff Allis in the sale of a majority stake in Boost Investment Group to US-based private equity firm The Riverside Company.
- Acting for the Sellers of the Sweeney Research Group on the sale of the Group to Ernst & Young.
- Assisting a Fintech start up with different rounds of capital raising.
- Advising a German luxury car manufacturer on various commercial matters.
- Acting on the restructure of Australia’s largest privately owned construction company.
- Acting for Intershop Communications AG, a German based eCommerce software provider, in the entering into of major IT contracts with various clients including Telstra and Australia Post.
Awards and recognition
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020Recommended – Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions
Commercial | 16 Jun 2020
The end of the financial year is around the corner and for many companies, this triggers the financial reporting requirements under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). The ASIC Corporations (Wholly-owned Companies) Instrument 2016/785 provides a helpful mechanism to relieve certain wholly-owned companies from these obligations. However, in order to properly gain relief, companies must meet all the conditions of the Instrument.