We are at the forefront of this new wave of fundraising, having worked with crowdfunding platforms since 2012. Our multidisciplinary team, which includes taxation and property lawyers, provides integrated advice as needed.
We are involved in projects from inception to completion, and provide practical advice about the steps required. This includes:
- structuring advice, including issues papers, options papers, discussion papers and diagrams
- financial services licensing requirements (AFSL, ACL etc)
- recommendations about appropriate structures
- drafting scheme documentation;
- drafting contractual documentation;
- drafting and lodging application documents;
- engaging with regulators, such as ASIC, to obtain necessary regulatory relief;
- drafting disclosure documents, information memoranda and product disclosure statements;
- reviewing applications forms; and
- reviewing marketing material.
- Acting for DomaCom Pty Ltd on all aspects of establishment of a novel and complex retail franctional property investment platform structured as a registered managed investment scheme.
- Advising and acting on all aspects of the establishment of Property Shares, a wholesale property crowdfunding platform.
- Advising and acting on all aspects of the establishment of a number of P2P and small business lending platforms.
Financial Services| 13 Nov 2023
In this edition, we outline ASIC’s changes to the reportable situation regime, ASIC’s commentary on under-reporting of reportable situations, the Government’s proposed sustainable finance strategy, and much more.
Financial Services| 18 Oct 2023
In this edition, we outline the proposals to regulate or reform digital asset platforms, payday super, and Australia’s payments system, and much more.
Financial Services| 18 Sep 2023
In this edition, we outline ASIC’s new legislative instruments for constitutions of registered schemes and retail CCIVs and financial resources requirements, and much more.
Financial Services| 11 Sep 2023
Significant changes to the existing unfair contract terms regime relating to financial products and insurance contracts take effect on 9 November 2023.