We are at the forefront of this new wave of fundraising, having worked with crowdfunding platforms since 2012. Our multidisciplinary team, which includes taxation and property lawyers, provides integrated advice as needed.
We are involved in projects from inception to completion, and provide practical advice about the steps required. This includes:
- structuring advice, including issues papers, options papers, discussion papers and diagrams
- financial services licensing requirements (AFSL, ACL etc)
- recommendations about appropriate structures
- drafting scheme documentation;
- drafting contractual documentation;
- drafting and lodging application documents;
- engaging with regulators, such as ASIC, to obtain necessary regulatory relief;
- drafting disclosure documents, information memoranda and product disclosure statements;
- reviewing applications forms; and
- reviewing marketing material.
- Acting for DomaCom Pty Ltd on all aspects of establishment of a novel and complex retail franctional property investment platform structured as a registered managed investment scheme.
- Advising and acting on all aspects of the establishment of Property Shares, a wholesale property crowdfunding platform.
- Advising and acting on all aspects of the establishment of a number of P2P and small business lending platforms.
Startups| 08 May 2020
In the midst of a global pandemic, it is certainly not ‘business as usual’ for startups. For some, particularly those in the technology and digital commerce sectors, COVID-19 has proven to be an opportunity for growth by providing solutions to problems and demands which have arisen as a result of people being at home.