We are at the forefront of this new wave of fundraising, having worked with crowdfunding platforms since 2012. Our multidisciplinary team, which includes taxation and property lawyers, provides integrated advice as needed.
We are involved in projects from inception to completion, and provide practical advice about the steps required. This includes:
- structuring advice, including issues papers, options papers, discussion papers and diagrams
- financial services licensing requirements (AFSL, ACL etc)
- recommendations about appropriate structures
- drafting scheme documentation;
- drafting contractual documentation;
- drafting and lodging application documents;
- engaging with regulators, such as ASIC, to obtain necessary regulatory relief;
- drafting disclosure documents, information memoranda and product disclosure statements;
- reviewing applications forms; and
- reviewing marketing material.
- Acting for DomaCom Pty Ltd on all aspects of establishment of a novel and complex retail franctional property investment platform structured as a registered managed investment scheme.
- Advising and acting on all aspects of the establishment of Property Shares, a wholesale property crowdfunding platform.
- Advising and acting on all aspects of the establishment of a number of P2P and small business lending platforms.
Financial Services| 23 Sep 2021
In this edition, we consider the final breach reporting regulatory guide, electronic execution and virtual meetings legislation, judicial commentary in relation to an AFS licensee’s supervisory arrangements, and much more.
Financial Services| 13 Sep 2021
ASIC has now published its updated and final guidance on the new breach reporting regime for AFS and credit licensees that will apply from 1 October 2021.
Financial Services| 30 Aug 2021
In this update, we explore the changes that financial services businesses can expect to see in ASIC’s approach to exercising its investigative and enforcement functions and powers.
Financial Services| 24 Aug 2021
In this edition, we consider proposed DDO reforms, temporary relief to permit electronic disclosures and virtual meetings, updates to superannuation portfolio holdings disclosure, and much more.