We partner effectively with our clients to deliver their objectives in contractual negotiations efficiently and cost-effectively.
We advise on all aspects of contractual negotiations, including drafting and settling ‘watertight’ commercial contracts.
This includes shareholder, partnership and joint venture agreements, supply, distribution and agency agreements, franchising arrangements and licence agreements. Our commercial advice always considers our clients’ strategic objectives and operational imperatives.
- Advising Landmark Operations on supply agreement terms, preparing terms and conditions of sale and supply, and advising on various regulatory and licensing matters across Australia.
- Preparing of a variety of supply and distribution agreements for Cummins Australia.
- Preparing purchase orders, supply agreements, services contracts and consultancy agreements for CSR. The documents are used by CSR Australia-wide.
- Advising a major bank on IT outsourcing contracts covering systems integration post-merger and business continuity throughout a changeover period.
- Acting on the formation of a new JV between the Liberty Oil founders and Shell and advising that JV on its ongoing operations.
- Advising Tasmanian Dairy Products Co Pty Ltd (a majority owned subsidiary of Murray Goulburn Co-operative Co Ltd) on various contractual and other arrangements in connection with its construction and operation of a milk processing facility in Smithton, Tasmania, and its purchase and sale of raw milk and milk products.
- Commissioning and preparing design, supply and installation contracts for large scale gas pipelines and electricity infrastructure for clients such as Jemena, APA Gasnet and United Energy.
- Reviewing large scale subcontracts for projects such as the Royal Adelaide Hospital and the Sunshine Coast Hospital and preparing contract manuals to ease the claims process.
- Advising Loscam Australia Pty Ltd (a company that provides returnable packaging and equipment for hire) on a range of transactions, including various supplier and customer arrangements, potential acquisitions and competition matters.
- Advising a major logistics company on a significant VPN project, including negotiating the service contract with a significant telecommunications provider.
- Negotiating and drafting high profile, high value sponsorship agreements for public listed sponsor companies, for the sponsorship of sporting teams and for sponsors of national sporting competitions.
Corporate & Commercial| 21 Feb 2024
We outline APRA’s 2024 supervision and policy priorities, ASIC’s class no-action position regarding Unfair Contract Terms for institutional markets and much more.
Corporate & Commercial| 15 Feb 2024
We explore pivotal findings from a recent case, offering essential guidance for navigating the complexities of share transfers in company arrangement.
Corporate & Commercial| 30 Jan 2024
ASIC secured a $390,000 financial penalty along with disqualification orders following findings of serious breaches of duties by directors and officers.
Corporate & Commercial| 23 Jan 2024
In this edition, we outline key recommendations of the final report of the ALRC on the Legislative Framework for Corporations and Financial Services Regulation, and much more.