Complying with all relevant laws, policies and regulations is critical given the financial, legal and reputational risks associated with non-compliance. It takes planning, vigilance and excellent legal support, particularly when investigations turn into prosecutions.
We have deep experience across the major areas of regulatory and compliance risk, including:
- Anti-money laundering, including reducing risk from financial crime
- Competition and consumer law
- Financial service regulation and licensing
- Privacy, including in online environments
- Insurance, including product liability
- Regulatory investigations and prosecutions, and
- Work health and safety and other workplace risks.
Regulatory & Compliance| 04 Dec 2023
ASIC is continuing its ambitious objective of taking more extensive enforcement action in 2024, with Deputy Chair Sarah Court describing a ‘proactive, strategic and bold approach to enforcement’.
Regulatory & Compliance| 20 Nov 2023
We highlight the key implications financial market participants should be aware of.
Regulatory & Compliance| 01 Sep 2023
The Australian Communications and Media Authority has been actively enforcing the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). We provide a timely reminder to all businesses to ensure marketing messages sent to customers or prospective customers comply with the requirements under the Spam Act.
Regulatory & Compliance| 28 Aug 2023
As companies once again make preparations for the upcoming AGM season, we have provided a list of key items to be considered in the planning process.