Our expert legal team help organisations manage privacy issues and prepare for the changes. We advise on all privacy issues, including compliance obligations, complaints for breaches of privacy and access to information requests. We regularly advise on:
- development and implementation of privacy policies and compliance programs, including management and employee training programs;
- advice on and assistance with dealing with privacy complaints;
- preparing submissions and responses to the Australian Information Commissioner;
- advising and representing organisations during investigations and conciliation conferences conducted by the Australian Information Commissioner; and
- advice on compliance with changes to privacy laws.
Privacy| 04 Oct 2023
We outline the Report’s recommendations and what businesses may need to change to comply with new privacy obligations.
Privacy| 22 May 2023
The Attorney General’s Department Privacy Act Review Report 2022 was released on 16 February 2023, providing the greatest indication yet that Australian privacy laws are likely to be updated.
Privacy| 01 Mar 2023
With the cyber threat landscape for Australian entities expanding and evolving rapidly, last year the Australian Government amended the legislation concerning the availability, integrity, reliability and confidentiality of assets that form part of Australia’s critical infrastructure.
Privacy| 17 Feb 2023
Proposed changes as part of the long-awaited Privacy Act review will have a significant impact on Australian businesses. We examine the Privacy Act review report.