At Hall & Wilcox, we believe how you grow your business matters and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) makes businesses better.
Companies are facing increasing pressure from clients, shareholders, regulators and employees to transform business with an ESG lens in all that they do. Failure to have a strong ESG approach can have significant commercial, operational and reputational consequences.
ESG can be complex and confusing, and Hall & Wilcox has cross sector expertise and can help with what needs to be embedded in your business’ strategy and operations.
And we understand the issues you face. With a national footprint and over 850 people, Hall & Wilcox is tackling the same issues as your business. We are committed to ensure our own approach to ESG is at the heart of everything we do and is embedded in our culture.
We are proud to have taken action and voluntarily joined the UN Global Compact and we are committed to advising and supporting clients on implementing the 10 UN Global Compact principles.
A company’s impact on the natural environment and the energy and resources it uses to operate.
- Environmental risk, carbon liability and environmental compliance
- Climate change litigation
- Green buildings, ESD features & Green leasing
- Renewable energy projects
- Transitional issues for fossil fuel sector
- Waste recycling and waste-to-energy projects
- Sustainable financing and green bonds
- Environmental & climate change insurance
- Environmental due diligence
How a company manages its relationships with employees, clients and communities
- Employment standards and industrial relations
- Client pro bono partnerships
- Health and community industry
- Social and affordable housing
- Corporate social responsibility
- Business and human rights
- Privacy and data protection
- Tax advice to community organisations
- Procurement due diligence
- Diversity and inclusion
How a company is governed by the internal policies and procedures created to make effective and efficient decisions for the good of the company and our communities.
- Governance advice and due diligence
- Business and human rights
- Modern slavery
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Discrimination and equal opportunity
- Work health and safety
- IBAC and ICAC advisory for Local and State government
- Model litigant
- Anti-corruption and bribery
- Misleading and deceptive conduct
- Cyber risks, data protection and privacy
Stay up-to-date with ESG developments.
Meg Lee, Hall & Wilcox Partner and Co-Lead ESG, outlines the key trends in environment, social and governance.
Environmental key contacts
Meg has over 20 years' experience as a property & projects lawyer, specialising in planning and environment law.
More about Meg
Social key contacts
Nathan has over 20 years' experience as an insurance lawyer advising insurers on CTP litigation and liability claims.
More about Nathan
Governance key contacts
Stan is an Environmental and Planning Law litigator with over 25 years' experience as a NSW Local Government adviser.
More about Stan
Environmental, Social and Governance| 07 Apr 2022
In the landmark ruling of Uren v Bald Hills Wind Farm Pty Ltd  VSC 145, the Victorian Supreme Court has held that noise emitted from the Bald Hills Wind Farm constituted a nuisance to its neighbours.
Environmental, Social and Governance| 30 Mar 2022
We look at the impact of the Budget announcements on climate change and the environment.
Environmental, Social and Governance| 17 Nov 2021
In this article, we take a look at how the Government’s plan fared at Glasgow and the outcomes of COP26 and what they mean for Australia’s pathway to net zero.