Vanessa’s experience extends across a number of areas in Hall & Wilcox’s corporate practice, transcending both transactional, regulatory and advisory work for a range of clients.
Specifically, Vanessa’s practice involves mergers and acquisitions, funds, equity capital markets transactions and regulatory advice. Vanessa regularly advises on transactions for regulated entities, having a particular focus on corporate governance. She also regularly acts for fund managers in establishing wholesale and retail funds (across the direct property, debt and property securities asset classes in particular) and on co-investments and joint venture arrangements.
Vanessa has acted for a diverse range of clients across various industries including publicly listed entities, private organisations and AFS licensees.
- Advised the shareholders of the Focus on Furniture group on its $80 million sale to Adairs Limited.
- Acting for Maggie Beer Holdings (ASX: MBH) on its $50m acquisition of e-commerce company Hampers & Gifts Australia and the associated placement and underwritten accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer to raise $30m.
- Advising Powerwrap Limited on the recommended $70m cash/scrip off-market takeover bid by Praemium Limited.
- Advising the founders of Liberty Oil on the sale of its wholesale fuel business to Viva Energy Australia and the establishment of a new retail fuel joint venture with Viva.
- Advising APN Property Group Limited on its restructure to form a stapled group listed on the ASX.
- Advising Powerwrap Limited on its successful initial public offering of securities and listing on the Australian Securities Exchange.
- Advising Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd on its A$25 pre-IPO raise by way of convertible note issue.
- Advising the Dexus Regional Property Fund on its A$32 million recapitalisation (involving a rights issue, public offer, withdrawal offer and delisting).
- Advising Acumentis on its rights issue and public offer.
- Acting for Note Printing Australia, which is wholly owned by the Reserve Bank of Australia, in relation to complex supply arrangements, corporate governance matters and regulatory requirements that may apply to entities in the public sector.
- Providing substantial pro bono legal services to Victorian Pride Centre Limited in relation to its formation and structure, its negotiations with the Victorian Government for funding and corporate governance matters that arise on a regular basis.
- Advising a range of ASX listed companies (such as Dexus funds, Maggie Beer Holdings and Arena REIT) on a vast range of regulatory, compliance and governance matters, including:
- Preparing constituent documents and establishing corporate structures;
- Preparing, reviewing and updating board and committee charters and other compliance procedures;
- Continuous disclosure obligations; and
- AGMs and other unitholders’ and shareholders’ meetings (including preparing the notice of meetings and ancillary documents).
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Victorian Women Lawyers
Financial Services | 20 Jun 2022
Welcome changes are coming for small businesses and start-ups looking to implement employee share schemes.