Vanessa’s experience extends across a number of areas in Hall & Wilcox’s corporate and commercial practice, transcending both transactional and advisory work for a range of clients.
Specifically, Vanessa’s practice involves regulatory advice, mergers and acquisitions and equity capital markets transactions, with a particular focus on corporate governance. Vanessa has acted for a diverse range of clients across various industries including publicly listed entities, private organisations and AFS licensees.
Vanessa has experience in drafting general commercial agreements such as shareholders’ agreements, joint venture agreements and supply/distribution agreements.
- Advising the founders of Liberty Oil on the sale of its wholesale fuel business to Viva Energy Australia and the establishment of a new retail fuel joint venture with Viva.
- Advising APN Property Group Limited on its restructure to form a stapled group listed on the ASX.
- Advising Powerwrap Limited on its successful initial public offering of securities and listing on the Australian Securities Exchange.
- Advising Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd on its A$25 pre-IPO raise by way of convertible note issue.
- Advising the APN Regional Property Fund on its A$32 million recapitalisation (involving a rights issue, public offer, withdrawal offer and delisting).
- Advising Acumentis (formerly Landmark White Limited) on its rights issue and public offer.
- Providing company secretarial services for listed and unlisted public entities.
- Acting for Note Printing Australia, which is wholly owned by the Reserve Bank of Australia, in relation to complex corporate governance matters and regulatory requirements that may apply to entities in the public sector.
- Providing substantial pro bono legal services to Victorian Pride Centre Limited in relation to its formation and structure, its negotiations with the Victorian Government for funding and corporate governance matters that arise on a regular basis.
- Advising a range of ASX listed companies (such as APN Property Group, Arena REIT and Fluence Corporation) on a vast range of regulatory, compliance and governance matters, including:
- Preparing constituent documents and establishing corporate structures
- Preparing, reviewing and updating board and committee charters and other compliance procedures
- Continuous disclosure obligations
- AGMs and other unitholders’ and shareholders’ meetings (including preparing the notice of meetings and ancillary documents).
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Victorian Women Lawyers
Corporate and Commercial | 9 Jul 2020
ASIC has released further information about its focus areas for financial reporting in the COVID-19 environment for the year ending 30 June 2020. Our Corporate and Commercial team provides a rundown of what reporting entities need to know about the new information, which ASIC released on 7 July 2020.