Vanessa’s experience extends across a number of areas in Hall & Wilcox’s corporate practice, transcending transactional, regulatory and advisory work for a range of clients.
Specifically, Vanessa’s practice involves mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets transactions and regulatory advice. In particular, Vanessa regularly advises on transactions for regulated entities, including ASX-listed companies and managed investment schemes, AFSL holders and superannuation funds, having a particular focus on corporate governance. She also regularly acts for fund managers in establishing wholesale and retail funds (across the direct property, debt and property securities asset classes in particular) and for both fund managers and investors (including superannuation funds) on co-investments and joint venture arrangements.
- Advised NewCold on its acquisition of the Karras Group.
- Advised Maggie Beer Holdings (ASX: MBH) on the sale of St David Dairy to Goulbourn Valley Creamery.
- Advising a superannuation fund on its co-investment arrangements in relation to a major infrastructure asset.
- Advised the shareholders of the Focus on Furniture group on its $80 million sale to Adairs Limited.
- Acting for Maggie Beer Holdings (ASX: MBH) on its $50 million acquisition of e-commerce company Hampers & Gifts Australia and the associated placement and underwritten accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer to raise $30 million.
- Acting for ASX-listed fund managers in relation to various fund structuring matters, including ‘fund of one’ SPV structures for superannuation funds and institutional wealth funds.
- Advising Powerwrap Limited on the recommended $70 million cash/scrip off-market takeover bid by Praemium Limited.
- Advising the founders of Liberty Oil on the sale of its wholesale fuel business to Viva Energy Australia and the establishment of a new retail fuel joint venture with Viva.
- Advising APN Property Group Limited on its restructure to form a stapled group listed on the ASX.
- Advising a superannuation fund on its investments in a US private equity fund.
- Advising Powerwrap Limited on its successful initial public offering of securities and listing on the Australian Securities Exchange.
- Advising Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd on its pre-IPO raise by way of convertible note issue.
- Advising the Dexus Regional Property Fund on its A$32 million recapitalisation (involving a rights issue, public offer, withdrawal offer and delisting).
- Advising Acumentis on its rights issue and public offer.
- Acting for Note Printing Australia, which is wholly owned by the Reserve Bank of Australia, in relation to complex supply arrangements, corporate governance matters and regulatory requirements that may apply to entities in the public sector.
- Providing substantial pro bono legal services to Victorian Pride Centre Limited in relation to its formation and structure, its negotiations with the Victorian Government for funding and corporate governance matters that arise on a regular basis.
- Advising a range of ASX listed companies (such as Dexus funds, Maggie Beer Holdings and Arena REIT) on a vast range of regulatory, compliance and governance matters, including:
- Preparing constituent documents and establishing corporate structures;
- Preparing, reviewing and updating board and committee charters and other compliance procedures;
- Continuous disclosure obligations; and
- AGMs and other unitholders’ and shareholders’ meetings (including preparing the notice of meetings and ancillary documents).
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Victorian Women Lawyers
Unfair contract terms resource centre | 21 Nov 2023
Amendments to Australia’s unfair contract terms (UCT) regime commenced on 10 November. These amendments significantly expanded the reach of the laws and introduced significant penalties for non-compliance.