Tina has broad general insurance experience. She is experienced in defending personal injury claims on behalf of domestic and international insurers. She often provides advice on the interpretation of policy wording, coverage disputes, dual insurance and recovery.
She also advises on critical incident response, SafeWork investigations, prosecutions and coronial inquiries.
She has worked with a wide range of insured and self-insured businesses, including hoteliers, security companies, sports and recreational service providers, aged care providers, construction contractors, commercial cleaners and occupiers, property managers and not for profit organisations.
She also advises on contentious claims made under accident and health policies (including death benefits) and corporate travel policies.
Tina is a strategic litigator and is trusted to provide technical advice while always ensuring adherance to clients’ service standards. She is also an efficient matter manager which ensures reduced defence costs for her clients.
- Acting on behalf of gymnasiums and sports organisations in respect of claims for injuries during training sessions and competitions, including fatal injuries giving rise to nervous shock and compensation to relatives proceedings.
- Acting for head contractors and subcontractors in respect of multi-party, high quantum claims arising from injuries sustained at construction sites. These matters often involve consideration of contractual indemnities and dual insurances issues.
- Advising an asbestos removal contractor in respect of a work site fatality that is subject to an ongoing SafeWork investigation.
- Acting on behalf of security contractors and hoteliers in relation to injuries inflicted by security guards and patrons at licensed venues.
- Advising aged care providers in respect of requests for discovery and demands for compensation by potential nervous shock and dependency litigants following patient fatalities.
- Acting on behalf of a recreational facility in respect of injuries sustained by a minor whilst playing at the insured premises.
- Acting for the occupier of a recreational sideshow with respect to catastrophic injuries suffered by a minor when he was pushed under a truck after the show had closed.
- Acting for cleaners, occupiers and property managers in defence of slip/trips claims.
- Defending section 151Z recovery claims commenced by worker’s compensation insurers.
- Providing risk management advice to volunteer organisations.
- Defending litigated claims for Weekly and Total Permanent Disability Benefits involving significant pre-existing injuries.
- Providing advice on a death benefits claim made on a business travel policy which considered the distinction between ‘injury’ and ‘sickness’.
- Providing advice to an accident and health insurer on the interpretation and implications of proposed policy wording.
- Women in Insurance
Insurance | 26 Nov 2020
'Even the best skiers have accidents': Supreme Court confirms skiing is a dangerous recreational activity
The Supreme Court has ruled in favour of Perisher Blue after a skier was allegedly struck from behind by an instructor.