Tina is experienced in defending public and product liability claims in New South Wales and Queensland on behalf of domestic and international insurers. She advises on complex indemnity issues and interpretation of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 including policy wording, dual insurance, contractual indemnity and policy recovery.
Tina has worked with a wide range of insured and self-insured businesses, including hoteliers, security companies, sports and recreational service providers, construction contractors, commercial cleaners and occupiers, and not for profit organisations.
She has a special interest in claims involving intentional torts and recreational activities.
She focuses on proactive management of matters to achieve commercially favourable results for clients.
- Acting for head contractors and subcontractors in respect of multi-party, high quantum claims arising from injuries sustained at construction sites.
- Defending section 151Z recovery claims commenced by worker’s compensation insurers.
- Acting on behalf of security contractors and hoteliers in relation to injuries sustained by security guards and patrons at licensed venues.
- Acting on behalf of gymnasiums and sports institutes in respect of claims for injuries occurred during training sessions (including fatal injuries)
- Acting behalf on behalf of recreational facilities in respect of injuries sustained by minors whilst playing at the insured premises.
- Advising an abattoir in relation to the contraction of Q Fever by its labour hire employees.
- Providing risk management advice to volunteer organisations.