Susie has been a practising lawyer since 2012. Susie has worked for law firms and organisations based in both Australia and Singapore. Susie has significant experience in corporate and commercial matters including the acquisition and disposal of companies, assets and businesses, joint ventures, shareholders and service agreements. Susie’s clients range from multinational companies through to SMEs.
Susie’s clients value both her approachable, can do attitude and the pragmatic and quality advice she provides.
- Acting for a Netherlands headquartered international automated warehouse and cold chain logistics solutions provider on its successful bid to acquire 100% equity ownership of an Australian family owned refrigerated transport, cold storage and logistic service provider.
- Acting for a Singapore headquartered manufacturing company in relation to its acquisition of an Australian electro-mechanical services business as part of its expansion into the broader APAC region.
- Acting for a Hong Kong headquartered international freight and logistics service provider on its strategic acquisition of a controlling interest in an Australian and New Zealand based international freight and logistics service provider.
- Advising a USA headquartered liquor company (partly owned by a renowned international celebrity) on the launch of its new gin brand in the Australian market, including drafting a production and distribution agreement with a leading Australian based liquor distiller and national wholesaler.
- Advising a registered training organisation provider on the restructure of its business from a partnership to a company ownership structure.
- Undertaking a secondment in the APAC Commercial Legal team of Meta (Singapore) during which time Susie worked on projects including the commercialisation of advertising rights relating to the ICC T20 World Cup Tournament, the revision of Meta’s advertising related online terms and conditions and the implementation of a corporate guarantee framework to secure advertising inventory credit lines to ‘big six’ advertising agencies.
- Acting for a Singapore headquartered data centre developer and operator, simultaneously, on its exit from an Indonesian based data centre joint venture and its bid for the stake of the exiting majority shareholder, an investment vehicle of a Singaporean sovereign wealth fund.
- Acting for a USA headquartered global distributor of technology products, services and solutions on the acquisition of 100% equity interest in a leading regional technology distributor (with operations in multiple jurisdictions) from a Fortune Global 500-listed group.
- Acting for the owner of the then leading local single-source contract stationer for office supplies to corporations and government agencies in Singapore in relation to the sale of 100% equity interest in the group of entities carrying on the stationary supply business to a European global distributor of workplace supply solutions.
- Advising an online e-commerce platform operator with a regional presence in Asia on its series A funding involving convertible debt and equity injections exceeding SGD6 million by global investors.
- Advising a renowned international celebrity and his investment partners in respect of a multi-million dollar joint venture with a national private equity owned health and fitness group to develop a digital/on-demand health and fitness program application.
- Acting for the owner of a leading Australian supplier of car wash products and equipment, in relation to the sale of his business to an American based private equity firm.
- Law Institute of Victoria