Sonia practises in insurance litigation, representing insurers in assessing and defending compulsory third party claims. She has experience appearing in the NSW District Court and Supreme Court.
Sonia joined Hall & Wilcox as a Law Graduate in August 2017 and was admitted as a Lawyer in February 2018.
In September 2019 Sonia completed a 3-4 month secondment at Allianz Insurance which has allowed her to work with clients face to face, developed her knowledge of front-end claims processes and commercial skills.
Prior to joining Hall & Wilcox, Sonia worked at two plaintiff law firms specialising in medical negligence and compulsory third party claims. This has provided her with perspective of both insurer and claimant considerations.
Sonia is involved in pro bono work and mentoring. She has volunteered with the Motor Accidents Clinic at Marrickville Legal Centre, Refugee Legal Clinic, Welfare Rights Clinic, Animal Law Institute, and has mentored young women in the ABCN Focus Program.
Sonia is currently the Chair of the Sydney Social Committee. She is involved with many aspects of Firm life including joining the Sydney Oztag team and posting regular news updates on the section’s Intranet page.
- Advising on a range of liability and quantum issues in compulsory third party insurance.
- Day to day carriage of multiple claim files.
- Preparing submissions in matters involving complex quantum claims where credit is in issue.
- Acting for the insurer and instructing counsel as required for informal settlement conferences, claims assessements and teleconferences.
- Conducting District and Supreme Court appearances and assisting in the preparation of large hearings.
- Mentoring junior lawyers and law graduates within the section.