Piers has experience in all areas of employment and industrial relations law.
Piers has acted in a range of industrial and employment litigation matters. He regularly acts for clients in general protections and unfair dismissal matters in the Fair Work Commission and the Federal Court.
Piers frequently advises clients on all aspects of the enterprise agreement making process, including enterprise agreement negotiations, compliance with good faith bargaining requirements, industrial action, and enterprise agreement transfer and approval applications.
Piers also has expertise in executive employment matters, including executive remuneration, restraint of trade and confidentiality issues.
Piers is committed to providing clear, straight-talking advice that gets results.
- Enterprise bargaining, including enterprise agreement drafting, good faith bargaining, union negotiations, workforce negotiations, industrial action, enterprise agreement transfer applications and enterprise agreement approval applications
- Mediation and dispute resolution
- Termination of employment, restructures, redundancies and performance management
- Restraints of trade and confidentiality
- Litigation under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) including unfair dismissal and general protections
- Employment contracts, independent contractor agreements
- Occupational health and safety