Piers is a senior lawyer experienced in all areas of employment and industrial relations law. He has acted in a range of industrial and employment litigation matters and regularly acts for clients in general protections and unfair dismissal matters in the Fair Work Commission and the Federal Court.
Piers has specialised experience in defending work health safety prosecutions across a range of industries, as well as in enterprise bargaining and industrial litigation.
He frequently advises clients on all aspects of the enterprise agreement making process, including enterprise agreement negotiations, compliance with good faith bargaining requirements, industrial action, and enterprise agreement transfer and approval applications.
Piers also has expertise in executive employment matters, including executive remuneration, restraint of trade and confidentiality issues.
- Advised Nostra Property Group on its agreement to acquire Porter Davis’s multiple dwelling business.
- Advised the Waldner group on its acquisition of the business of Laboratory Systems Group Pty Ltd.
- Enterprise bargaining, including enterprise agreement drafting, good faith bargaining, union negotiations, workforce negotiations, industrial action, enterprise agreement transfer applications and enterprise agreement approval applications
- Mediation and dispute resolution
- Termination of employment, restructures, redundancies and performance management
- Restraints of trade and confidentiality
- Litigation under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) including unfair dismissal and general protections
- Employment contracts, independent contractor agreements
- Occupational health and safety
Employment & Workplace Relations | 14 Dec 2023
Happy holidays: High Court move means employers must request employees to work public holidays, or risk breaching NES
In this article, we take a look at the background to this case and offer some key takeaways for employers to ensure compliance.