Nick has the unique background of having represented both insurers and individuals in catastrophic injury claims in a public liability setting. This has assisted him in understanding the factors that motivate insurers and claimants, leading to the early and pragmatic resolution of highly contentious, emotive and complicated claims.
He has advised across a multitude of industries including hospitality and security, sport and recreation, construction, real estate, medical, transport, logistics and manufacturing.
He has also managed the litigation of many Compulsory Third Party, medical negligence and product liability matters.
Nick is known for his sensible and down to earth approach to matters of all complexities. But where commercial resolutions are incapable of being achieved, his clients appreciate his unwavering Courtroom advocacy and his commitment to achieve outstanding judgments.
Nick continues to maintain a strong presence in community activities through his local football club and through fund raising initiatives with the Karen Fitzgerald Fund.
- Acting on behalf of a hotel’s insurer involving a serious assault and subsequent claim for damages.
- Acting for a South Australian insurer in a recovery action relating to a multi-fatality motor vehicle accident.
- Acting for insurers in property damage recovery matters where he was instructed as Counsel.
- Advising self insurers of their obligations and entitlements under the Return to Work Act 2014 (SA) and prosecuting claims on their behalf.
- Representing elite athletes and sporting organisations in sporting tribunal matters and in litigious settings.
- Law Society of South Australia