Mitch is an experienced insurance and litigation lawyer who acts for insurers and private clients. His practice includes assisting medical and allied health practitioners with civil and disciplinary claims as well as a broader practice in the areas of public and product liability, professional indemnity and financial lines.
Mitch’s experience includes public and product liability, professional indemnity and financial lines, life insurance and property damage claims, as expanded upon below.
Mitch has appeared on behalf of clients in the Local Court, District Court, Supreme Court and Court of Appeal of New South Wales. He also has extensive experience in litigation in other States of Australia.
Mitch also regularly appears for health practitioners in disciplinary matters before National Boards and State Tribunals.
- Defending personal injury matters for insurer clients operating in the health industry including pharmacy, dentistry, podiatry and other allied health professions.
- Appearing for health practitioners before disciplinary tribunals and boards across a number of Australian jurisdictions.
- Defending professional negligence claims on instructions from underwriters for a variety of professionals including accountants, liquidators, lawyers, insurance brokers, engineers and various other professions.
- Defending personal injury matters for state government departments and large corporate clients.
- Defending claims for insurers operating in the domestic insurance market, including claims involving allegations of fraud and non-disclosure.
- Investigating and defending income protection and similar claims on behalf of life insurers and superannuation fund trustees.
- Providing indemnity advice to insurers over a range of professional indemnity and general liability policies.
- Member, Australian New Zealand Sports Law Association (ANZSLA)
- Member, Medico-Legal Society of NSW and QLD
- Member, NSW Claims Discussion Group (Insurance)
- Member, QLD Claims Discussion Group
General Insurance | 24 Apr 2020
In Menz v Wagga Wagga Show Society Inc, the NSW Court of Appeal has unanimously dismissed an appeal from a decision of the Supreme Court of New South Wales, which rejected a claim for negligence and breach of the Australian Consumer Law brought by an equestrian who suffered personal injury. Our General Insurance team provides a summary and some commentary on the case.