Mitch is an experienced insurance and litigation lawyer who has defended claims on behalf of insurer and private clients as well as state government departments. His experience includes public and product liability, professional indemnity and financial lines, and property damage claims, as expanded upon below.
Mitch has appeared on behalf of clients in the Local Court, District Court, Supreme Court and Court of Appeal of New South Wales. He also has extensive experience in litigation in other States of Australia.
Mitch is a member of the Australian New Zealand Sports Law Association (ANZSLA), the NSW Claims Discussion Group (Insurance) and the NSW Young Insurance Professional Group.
- Defending professional negligence claims on instructions from underwriters for a variety of professionals including accountants, liquidators, lawyers, insurance brokers, engineers and various other professions.
- Defending personal injury matters for insurer clients operating in the health industry including dentistry, podiatry, pharmacy and other allied health professions.
- Appearing for health practitioners before disciplinary tribunals and boards across a number of Australian jurisdictions.
- Defending personal injury matters for state government departments and large corporate clients.
- Defending complex property damage claims for insurers operating in the domestic insurance market, including claims involving allegations of fraud and non-disclosure.
- Investigating and defending income protection and similar claims on behalf of life insurers and superannuation fund trustees.
- Providing indemnity advice to insurers over a range of professional indemnity and general liability policies.
- Australian New Zealand Sports Law Association (ANZSLA)
- NSW Claims Discussion Group (Insurance)
- NSW Young Insurance Professional Group
Thinking | 19 Oct 2017