Mark is the section leader of the firm's national Commercial Dispute Resolution practice. Mark has extensive experience working with clients across a range of industries and backgrounds.
Specifically Mark specialises in corporate insolvency matters, commercial litigation and corporations law disputes, intellectual property and copyright litigation, and financial services disputes including securities enforcement. He also has extensive experience working with banks and wealth funds, and advising on matters related to Royal Commissions and inquires.
Mark acts on behalf of a number of national clients on large pieces of commercial litigation and disputes in financial services industries.
Mark is noted for his ‘experience and judgement’ in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018. He is also listed in The Best Lawyers in Australia in Alternative Dispute Resolution every year since 2019.
- Acting for court appointed administrator in multi-party estate matter.
- Acting for the plaintiffs in multi-party litigation for Forty Two International in breach of contract and misleading or deceptive claims.
- Advising parent company of group restructure of car lease business including application of voluntary administration processes.
- Acting for First Capital in shareholder dispute and breach of confidentiality matter.
- Advising and acting for liquidators regarding recovery of unfair preference payments.
- Acting for Ice TV in copyright disputes and commercial law matters.
- Advising and acting for litigants in professional negligence actions and breach of contract claims.
- Acting for a corporate client in the preparation and lodgement of a submission for the Trade Union Royal Commission.
- Acting for a corporate client and individuals in ICAC investigation.
- Advising on all relevant elements and acting for corporate clients and individuals in relation ASIC investigations and statutory inquiries.
- Acted for Captia Pty Limited as the trustee of the Captia Trust in relation to the sale of Sydney Surgical Centre to the CURA Day Hospitals Group.
Awards and recognition
Best Lawyers in Australia 2019-2024Recognised – Alternative Dispute Resolution
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022 and 2023Recommended – Dispute resolution: litigation and Restructuring and insolvency
Doyle's Guide to the Australian Legal Profession 2022-2023Insolvency & Restructuring Lawyers (New South Wales)
Corporate & Commercial | 20 Sep 2023
Hills Health Solutions Pty Ltd is in external administration following the Court of Appeal judgment in Stellar Vision Operations Pty Ltd v Hills Health Solutions Pty Ltd.