Mark has extensive experience working with clients across a range of industries and backgrounds.
Specifically Mark specialises in corporate insolvency matters, commercial litigation and corporations law disputes, intellectual property and copyright litigation, and financial services disputes including securities enforcement. He also has extensive experience working with banks and wealth funds, and advising on matters related to Royal Commissions and inquires.
Mark acts on behalf of a number of national clients on large pieces of commercial litigation and disputes in financial services industries.
Mark is noted for his ‘experience and judgement’ in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018. He is also listed in The Best Lawyers in Australia in Alternative Dispute Resolution for 2019 and 2020.
- Acting for court appointed administrator in multi-party estate matter.
- Acting for the plaintiffs in multi-party litigation for Forty Two International in breach of contract and misleading or deceptive claims.
- Advising parent company of group restructure of car lease business including application of voluntary administration processes.
- Acting for First Capital in shareholder dispute and breach of confidentiality matter.
- Advising and acting for liquidators regarding recovery of unfair preference payments.
- Acting for Ice TV in copyright disputes and commercial law matters.
- Advising and acting for litigants in professional negligence actions and breach of contract claims.
- Acting for a corporate client in the preparation and lodgement of a submission for the Trade Union Royal Commission.
- Acting for a corporate client and individuals in ICAC investigation.
- Advising on all relevant elements and acting for corporate clients and individuals in relation ASIC investigations and statutory inquiries.
Awards and recognition
Best Lawyers in Australia – 2019, 2020 and 2021Partner – Alternative Dispute Resolution
Tax | 10 Feb 2021
In the first of our series of articles on the avenues for small to medium businesses to deal with their overdue tax debts, we look at how and when tax liabilities arise and what options are available to the ATO to pursue them when overdue.