Lauren is an experienced lawyer who has practiced in Melbourne and Perth, and studied in London.
Lauren specialises in resolving disputes, and works collaboratively with her team and with clients to provide strategic advice and success for the client. Lauren has worked predominately on contractual, shareholder and property disputes, as well as mining, intellectual property and defamation matters. Lauren has acted for numerous international corporate clients.
Lauren has acted in high profile, complex and contested commercial litigation in all levels of state courts in both Western Australia and Victoria, as well as the Federal Court of Australia. Lauren is admitted in the High Court, and has also acted on international arbitrations.
- Advising an international property development group in relation to a substantial property dispute, that was heard in the Supreme Court of Western Australia and settled part heard on extremely favourable terms.
- Acting on insurance matters, namely presenting assisting on a $75 million claim in relation to mitigation costs for defective work.
- Acted for a publicly listed Australian mining company in an $80 million international arbitration against a Chinese state owned entity for breach of a mining tenement sale agreement, which settled on extremely favourable terms for our client.
- Defending a contractual dispute with respect to a property development worth $1billion that involved instructing counsel in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
- Advising on domestic and international intellectual property matters. Represented a world leading industrial packaging manufacturer in concurrent Federal Court proceedings against Australian manufacturers for patent and trade mark infringement and misleading and deceptive conduct. Most recently settling a trademark infringement matter on favourable terms for her client, and defending her client against a claim for trademark infringement concerning use of her client’s trading name and logo.