Lauren has experience in civil litigation and dispute resolution in all Victorian jurisdictions and the Federal Court. Her general insurance and government practice is focused primarily on public liability claims. Lauren has a keen interest in personal injury claims involving torts and intentional torts and statutory interpretation. Lauren also has extensive experience in property damage recovery and defence litigation.
Lauren is personable, reliable and trusted by her clients. She is an excellent communicator and a determined litigator with a great track record of successful outcomes for her clients at early settlement conferences, mediations and trial.
- Defending claims arising from alleged intentional torts including assault, battery, false imprisonment, malicious prosecution and misfeasance in public office.
- Providing commercial and corporate advice to the National Insurance Disability Agency in relation to the standing up of its compensation recovery statutory functions.
- Providing administrative law and statutory interpretation advice to government entities surrounding the enforcement of COVID-19 directions.
- Advising government entities in relation to disputes regarding protected disclosure of documents in accordance with the Public Interest Disclosures Act 2012 and in relation to documents that are subject to public interest immunity.
- Acting for a client in relation to a personal injury claim arising from a motor vehicle collision where the Plaintiff commenced a proceeding without first satisfying the statutory gateway provisions in section 93 of the Transport Accident Act 1986. Lauren instructed counsel at the return of the application and was successful in arguing that the proceeding had been improperly commenced. A costs order was awarded in favour of the client.
- Advising government entities in relation to alleged breaches of the Victorian Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities.
- Defending psychiatric claims arising out of sexual and physical abuse, including historical abuse claims against schools and government entities.
- Acting on behalf of domestic occupiers in defence of claims arising from dog attacks.
- Defending owners and commercial cleaning companies in claims for personal injuries sustained at shopping centres, restaurants and retail stores.
- Defending compulsory third party insurer personal injury claims arising from motor vehicle collisions on Victorian roads which involve interstate vehicles.
- Law Institute of Victoria