Jennifer is an experienced general insurance litigator, with significant expertise in personal injuries claims. Her main practice areas include compulsory third party insurance and public liability claims, with a focus on occupier’s liability cases.
Jennifer is a conscientious practitioner and is highly regarded for her thorough analysis of legal issues and medical evidence and for the quality of her advice. She understands the challenges faced by liability insurers and other stakeholders and is adept at setting accurate claim reserves from the outset of a matter. She responds to clients’ needs by providing prompt and commercial advice as well as regular updates about the progress of claims.
Jennifer is proactive and committed to the early resolution of claims where appropriate and finds creative solutions to ensure positive outcomes. She achieves excellent results for her clients at conferences and mediations.
- Advising and defending claims for Australia’s leading major insurers, Lloyd’s of London syndicates and self-insured corporations.
- Defending personal injuries cases in the County and Supreme Courts of Victoria, the Magistrates’ and District Courts of South Australia and Courts in New South Wales and Tasmania.
- Acting for landlords, tenants and managing agents in relation to claims arising from injuries sustained at commercial, retail and residential premises.
- Defending owners, cleaning companies and other contractors against public liability claims for injuries sustained at retail shops and shopping centres.
- Defending security companies and licensed occupiers against allegations of assault causing personal injuries.
- Defending sporting venues and clubs against public liability claims brought by spectators and other entrants.
- Defending claims by workers and pedestrians against developers, owners, builders and contractors resulting from injuries arising from construction sites.
- Defending schools and hospitals against claims for psychiatric injury.
- Acting for domestic occupiers in relation to dog attacks and other animal-related injuries.
- Advising about and defending personal injury claims against farm owners, including injuries and death caused by farm animals, firearms and other equipment.
- Advising about and defending compulsory third party injury claims for government and private insurers.
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Women in Insurance