Jennifer has significant experience in general insurance litigation and advice. Her experience includes public and product liability, compulsory third party insurance, medical negligence, property damage, policy interpretation and indemnity disputes. Jennifer has a particular passion for personal injury matters.
Jennifer is a conscientious practitioner and is highly regarded for her thorough analysis of legal issues and quality advice. She responds to clients’ needs by providing prompt and commercial advice as well as regular updates about the progress of claims. Jennifer is committed to the early resolution of claims where appropriate and finds creative solutions to ensure positive outcomes.
- Assessment of liability and damages in a matter where the plaintiff sustained serious personal injuries when a firearm discharged on an insured farm.Defending a public liability claim against the developers of an industrial estate. The plaintiff alleged that he was seriously injured when his truck rolled over after the insured’s newly built road collapsed.
- Defending a public liability claim against one of Australia’s leading retailers for injuries allegedly sustained by a customer who fell in a shop.
- Providing advice in relation to a professional indemnity claim against a physiotherapist who allegedly exacerbated a claimant’s spinal injury by providing inappropriate treatment.
- Instructing Counsel at the trial of a compulsory third party claim where the plaintiff sustained an acquired brain injury for which he sought damages in excess of $6m.
- Defending a proceeding against the supplier of a vehicle which spontaneously combusted destroying the plaintiffs’ vehicle and premises.
- Defending a court proceeding against an insured for property damage which arose when an outdoor advertising sign was removed with a crane that had insufficient loading.
- Successful large loss recovery from a Victorian Water Authority in respect of extensive damage to property and contents, which resulted from the insured’s house being inundated with sewage.