Holly is an experienced insurance and civil litigation lawyer with a keen interest in personal injury claims (specifically involving dangerous recreational activities), coronial investigations and inquiries, discrimination complaints, defamation claims, contractual disputes and class actions. Holly has been able to apply her broad legal skillset in aid of successfully defending claims on behalf of domestic and international insurers, as well as self-insureds.
- Acting for insured entities in a variety of civil proceedings brought in all NSW Courts, as well as the Supreme Court of Victoria, Northern Territory, Queensland and Australian Capital Territory, and the Federal Court of Australia.
- Acting for insured entities in complaints brought to the Australian Human Rights Commission, NSW Anti-Discrimation Board and the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- Acting for corporations and individuals in investigations and prosecutions brought by Safe Work NSW.
- Acting for insured entities in coronial investigations and inquiries.
- Advising public liability, professional indemnity and management liability insurers on policy coverage issues and claims for contractual indemnity and dual insurance in multiparty disputes.
- Advising insurers and insureds on risk mitigation, incident response and media strategy.
- Conducting personal injury damages assessments in claims brought in NSW, the ACT, Queensland, and the Northern Territory.
- Appearing in directions hearings in all NSW courts and the Federal Court of Australia.
- Three secondments to a third-party claim administrator acting as a liability claims manager.
Awards and recognition
Best Lawyers in Australia 2023Recognised – Personal Injury Litigation ('Ones to Watch 2023')
- Women Lawyers Association NSW
- Young Insurance Professionals network
- NSW Claims Discussion Group
Insurance | 8 Apr 2022
The High Court has overturned a decision from the NSW Court of Appeal and allowed an appeal by Emily Tapp who suffered catastrophic injuries on 8 January 2011 while competing in a campdraft competition organised by the Australian Bushmen’s Campdraft & Rodeo Association.