Holly is a commercial litigation and insurance lawyer with significant experience advising clients in Australia and the United Kingdom on high value and complex claims and disputes across a range of practice areas.
Holly acts for insurers, corporates and professionals in connection with building and construction disputes, professional indemnity, general liability (including property damage and product liability) and directors and officers claims and disputes and insurance coverage matters. During her time working in London, Holly acted for a global healthcare corporation to defend high-profile product liability class action lawsuits. Holly has also acted for Australian and international mining and energy companies in relation to large-scale contractual disputes. More recently, Holly has been involved in international product liability matters, property damage claims, construction matters and strata related disputes.
Holly is passionate about her work and her practice and enjoys being exposed to a variety of different matters and legal issues, whilst taking a particular interest in multi-party construction, property and building related disputes. At the outset of any matter Holly takes the time to understand her client’s business and objectives and she manages her claims proactively and cost-effectively. Holly is a highly technical lawyer who understands complex legal concepts and factual and expert material and conveys this to her clients in a pragmatic way.
Holly represents clients in the Federal Court, the Supreme Court and District Court of Western Australia and the Supreme Court of the Northern Territory.
- Defending claims of misleading and deceptive conduct and negligence against a geotechnical engineer and its insurer in relation to a multi-party, multi-million-dollar Federal Court construction dispute.
- Acting for a civil contracting company and its insurer in the defence of Nothern Territory Supreme Court indemnity proceedings initiated by a workers’ compensation insurer in connection with compensation paid to a deceased’s spouse following a fatal workplace incident.
- Defending allegations against a company director relating to alleged breaches of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and fiduciary duties in connection with a multi-party Supreme Court shareholder dispute arising from the claimant’s investment in a gold mine project.
- Acting for the director of a gold mining company and its insurer in relation to a multi-party Federal Court insolvent trading claim initiated by the liquidators against the company directors.
- Acting on behalf of a builder and its insurer to resolve claims relating to allegedly defective construction works and subsequent loss and damage sustained.
- Acting in complex and high-profile product liability class actions in the United Kingdom in relation to allegedly defective medical devices.
- Acting for professionals such as architects, designers, accountants, engineers and various contractors, and their insurers, in relation to alleged professional negligence claims.