Hilary is an insurance, disputes and litigation lawyer.
In her day to day role, Hilary assists in the defence of claims made against a wide range of insured businesses, including occupiers of commercial premises, hoteliers, local councils, security companies, construction contractors, recreational facilities and commercial cleaners.
At her previous firm, she acted in defence of complex professional negligence claims across a range of medical specialties, including birth trauma, orthopaedic and general surgery, emergency medicine, gynaecology, radiology, oncology, cardiology and psychiatric injuries.
Hilary is commended for her ability to problem-solve and deliver effective solutions with a commercial incentive to reduce costs by efficiently managing claims.
- Acting in the defence of large, complex health claims across a range of medical specialties and jurisdictions including the District Court, Supreme Court and Coroners Court of NSW.
- Acting on behalf of pharmacists in relation to disciplinary proceedings brought by the Health Care Complaints Commission, Pharmacy Council of NSW and Pharmacy Regulatory Unit.
- Acting for aged care providers in relation to coronial inquests and investigations.
- Acting for head contractors and subcontractors in respect of a range of multi-party, high quantum claims arising from injuries sustained at construction sites arising from breaches of the Work Health and Safety Act and Regulations, unsafe systems of work, failure to correctly operate machinery including cranes/forklifts, unsafe manual handling procedures, failure to properly supervise workers, falls from heights and tripping hazards.
- Acting for security subcontractors in relation to intentional torts and negligence claims.
- Acting for sporting organisations in relation to injuries sustained during competitions and/or practice often involving formulating dangerous recreational activity, waiver and obvious risk defence arguments.
- Acting for cleaners, occupiers and property managers in relation to trip, slip and fall claims.
- Defending section 151Z recovery proceedings brought by worker’s compensation insurers.
- Acting for various education organisations in relation to claims commenced on behalf of minors arising from bullying and assaults at school resulting in psychological injuries.
Awards and recognition
Best Lawyers in Australia 2023Recognised – Insurance Law ('Ones to Watch 2023')
- Law Society of NSW