Helen is a senior commercial property lawyer with an extensive track record across commercial and retail leasing, residential and mixed-use development, commercial and industrial acquisitions and sales, and property development. Helen also has experience in the sale and purchase of businesses, business licensing and franchising. A concise and constructive thinker, Helen is collaborative and always goes the extra mile to develop strong relationships with her clients.
Some key transactions Helen has recently been involved in:
- Assisting Centuria on the $200 million three-phased acquisition of West Village, a unique cultural, retail, commercial, and residential precinct in Brisbane’s West End, involving existing landmark properties as well as assets to be constructed, including the retail mall, the heritage mixed-use Peter’s Ice Cream Factory buildings, the health and medical building, and the recently constructed South Pavilion.
- Advising Chauvel Capital on the acquisition of the Queen Street Village shopping precinct in Southport (Gold Coast), including advising on the retail leasing and development management documentation.
- Advising Forza Capital on the legal and leasing due diligence of Forza’s acquisition of 340 Adelaide Street, a $80 million 16-level office tower located in the Brisbane CBD.
- Advising LaSalle Investment Management on the leasing of a 26-level commercial office building located at 307 Queen Street (Brisbane), and liaising with tenants, including State Government departments and small to large corporations.
- Advising an industrial landlord of a large site forming part of the Port Gate Estate, a key waterfront precinct at the Port of Brisbane, including assisting with the landlord's various leasing needs and coordinating negotiations with head lessors, lessors, sublessees, underlessees and mortgagees.
- Advising industrial landlords on negotiating leases for industrial sites, including the North Lakes Business Park and other purpose-built facilities.
- Assisting tenants of industrial and commercial premises with negotiating leases to meet their unique operational and commercial needs.
- Advising the owner of a shopping centre located in a major town centre on retail leasing to ensure the leases accorded with the unique characteristics of the shopping centre.
- Acting for a property developer in several large private apartment block developments, ranging from 60 to 120 apartments, including preparing off-the-plan contracts and disclosure documents and advising on title, development issues, and sale of the apartments.