Hector is a Partner in the Hall & Wilcox Litigation and dispute resolution team based in Perth. Hector has been practicing in the area of insolvency and dispute resolution since 1997.
He has acted for company directors, creditors and insolvency practitioners in various court proceedings in a number of jurisdictions regarding the winding up, voluntary administration and receivership of companies. He has also acted for creditors in various bankruptcy proceedings and advised trustees in bankruptcy regarding issues that arose during the administration of various bankrupt estates.
His experience in commercial litigation and advisory matters includes acting for high net worth individuals and finance companies. In regards to corporate insolvency matters, Hector has acted for receivers and managers in claims involving allegations of breaches of duties and damages claims. He has also acted for insolvency practitioners in relation to voidable transaction claims.
Hector regularly appears as Counsel in the WA State Courts and Federal jurisdiction.
- Acting for insolvency practitioners in matters arising under chapter 5 of the Corporations Action 2001.
- Acting for directors in relation to enquiries and examinations by ASIC.
- Acting for construction companies in relation to construction disputes.
- Acting in relation to disputes involving the Australian Consumer Law
- Acting for shareholders in shareholder disputes