Emma has extensive experience in advising clients in estate planning and estate administration, trust establishment, and ongoing administration, trust estate disputes and structuring for succession of ownership and control of private and family businesses. She leads the firm’s Private Client practice.
Emma’s clients include high net worth individuals, families, and privately held businesses.
As an acknowledged expert in her field, Emma is regularly asked to present at conferences and seminars for professional bodies and organisations.
Emma has been appointed as an Accredited Adviser by Family Business Australia and is listed as a preeminent lawyer in Victoria in Doyle's Guide to the Legal Profession for Wills & Estate Litigation.
Originally from the Channel Islands, Emma commenced her career at law firm Ogier in Jersey, where she developed expertise in the areas of trusts and estate planning.
Emma is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, the Inner Temple (Barristers’ Inn of Court, London), the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and a Chartered Tax Advisor.
Emma is a board member of Australian Communities Foundation, a not-for-profit organisation.
- Providing succession planning advice to families with a focus on wealth preservation and protection of vulnerable beneficiaries.
- Trust interpretation and trust disputes.
- Reviewing complex structures of family trusts and unit trusts, and the preparation of documentation to deal with succession of control.
- Preparing personal testamentary trust Wills.
- Estate administration and estate litigation.
- Advising family businesses in relation to shareholder’s agreements and the preparation of existing business structures for entry of second and third generations into business.
COVID-19 Thinking | 11 May 2020