Emma has the primary responsibility for the Private Clients group at Hall & Wilcox.
She has extensive experience in advising clients in estate planning and estate administration, trust establishment, and ongoing administration, trust estate disputes and structuring for succession of ownership and control of private and family businesses.
As an acknowledged expert in her field, Emma is regularly asked to present at conferences and seminars for professional bodies and organisations.
Emma’s clients include high net worth individuals, families, and privately held businesses.
Emma has been appointed as an Accredited Adviser by Family Business Australia and is listed as a preeminent Wills & Estate Litigation Lawyer in Victoria in Doyles’ Guide to the Australian Legal Profession.
Originally from Jersey, Channel Islands, prior to joining Hall & Wilcox, Emma worked for the law firm, Ogier in Jersey. There she developed expertise in the areas of trusts and estate planning.
Emma is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, the Inner Temple (Barristers’ Inn of Court, London), the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), and a Chartered Tax Advisor.
Emma is the pro bono partner managing Hall & Wilcox’s highly regarded and dynamic pro bono and community investment program. She is also a member of the board of Australian Communities Foundation, a not for profit organisation.
- Providing succession planning advice to families with a focus on wealth preservation and protection of vulnerable beneficiaries.
- Trust interpretation and trust disputes.
- Reviewing complex structures of family trusts and unit trusts, and the preparation of documentation to deal with succession of control.
- Preparing personal testamentary trust Wills.
- Estate administration and estate litigation.
- Advising family businesses in relation to shareholder’s agreements and the preparation of existing business structures for entry of second and third generations into business.