Emma has extensive experience in advising clients in estate planning and estate administration, trust structures, trust and estate disputes, and structuring for succession of ownership and control of private and family businesses.
Emma’s clients include high net worth individuals, families, privately held businesses and Family Offices.
As an acknowledged expert in her field, Emma is regularly asked to present at conferences and seminars for professional bodies and organisations.
Emma is listed as a preeminent lawyer in Victoria in Doyle's Guide to the Legal Profession for Wills & Estates, and is ranked in Chambers High Net Worth for Private Wealth Law.
Originally from the Channel Islands, Emma commenced her career at law firm Ogier, in Jersey, where she developed expertise in the areas of trusts and estate planning.
Emma is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, the Inner Temple (Barristers’ Inn of Court, London), the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), and is a Chartered Tax Advisor.
Emma is a board member of Australian Communities Foundation, a not for profit organisation, and Williamstown Football Club, a Victorian VFL Club. Emma is also a board member and holds advisory roles for privately held family business groups.
- Providing estate planning advice to individuals and families.
- Trust structure advice including advice around succession of control and trust disputes.
- Estate administration and estate litigation.
- Advising private family groups and businesses in relation to family agreements and the transfer between generations of families.
Awards and recognition
Doyle's Guide to the Australian Legal Profession 2020Wills & Estates Litigation (Australia and Victoria); Wills, Estates & Succession Planning (Victoria)
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
Private Clients | 7 Dec 2020
Changes to Queensland’s guardianship laws are now in force. The amendments, which came into effect on 30 November 2020, relate to the Guardianship and Other Legislation Amendment Act 2019 (Qld).