Emma has extensive experience in advising clients in estate planning and estate administration, trust structures, trust and estate disputes, and structuring for succession of ownership and control of private and family businesses.
Emma’s clients include high net worth individuals, families, privately held businesses and Family Offices.
As an acknowledged expert in her field, Emma is regularly asked to present at conferences and seminars for professional bodies and organisations.
Emma is listed as a preeminent lawyer in Victoria in Doyle's Guide to the Legal Profession for Wills & Estates, and is ranked in Chambers High Net Worth 2021, 2022 and 2023 for Private Wealth Law.
Originally from the Channel Islands, Emma commenced her career at law firm Ogier, in Jersey, where she developed expertise in the areas of trusts and estate planning.
Emma is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, the Inner Temple (Barristers’ Inn of Court, London), the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), and is a Chartered Tax Advisor.
Emma is the Chair of Partners at Hall & Wilcox and a board member of the Williamstown Football Club, a Victorian VFL Club. She is also a board member and holds a number of advisory roles for privately held family business groups.
- Providing estate planning advice to individuals and families.
- Trust structure advice including advice around succession of control and trust disputes.
- Estate administration and estate litigation.
- Advising private family groups and businesses in relation to family agreements and the transfer between generations of families.
- Family office establishment and ongoing administration.
Awards and recognition
Best Lawyers in Australia 2024Recognised – Trusts and Estates and Wealth Management / Succession Planning Practice
Doyle's Guide to the Australian Legal Profession 2020-2023Leading Wills & Estates Litigation Lawyers (Australia and Victoria); Wills, Estates & Succession Planning (Victoria)
Chambers and Partners High Net Worth Guide 2021-2023Private Wealth Law in Australia
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- The Tax Institute