David’s practice is predominantly in commercial litigation and insolvency.
He advises and represents clients in a wide range of matters, including contractual disputes, corporations matters, property disputes, debt recoveries and disputes with regulators.
David regularly acts for insolvency practitioners, particularly by advising them in relation to matters arising from their appointments and in representing them in recovery and voidable transaction claims.
Before joining private practice David was a Senior Associate to a Judge of the Supreme Court of Victoria.
- Advising liquidators in relation to prospects of commercial and voidable transaction claims and conducting those claims.
- Acting for bankruptcy trustees in undervalued transaction claims.
- Acting for clients in urgent injunction and freezing order applications in the Supreme Court.
- Acting for the shareholders of a company in Supreme Court litigation relating to a property development.
- Acting for various companies in defending unfair preference and uncommercial transaction claims.