Chris advises clients on a broad range of corporate matters, including interpreting legislative and contractual issues and requirements. Chris also provides practical advice to clients based on these requirements.
Chris has been admitted as a lawyer of the Supreme Court of Queensland since 2016. Chris holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Science from the University of Queensland, and a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from the Queensland University of Technology.
Before commencing work as a lawyer, Chris worked as an environmental consultant, assisting small to medium sized coal and minerals explorers with land access, native title and environmental obligations and requirements.
- Capital Markets - advising on equity capital raisings, including private placements, entitlement offers and share purchase plans, mergers and acquisitions.
- Commercial contracts - drafting and advising on various commercial contracts
- Corporate advisory and governance - advising on all aspects of corporate governance matters
- Regulatory compliance - advising on regulatory compliance issues, particularly in respect of the Corporations Act and the ASX Listing Rules
- Startup and Entrepreneurial Business
- Advising various ASX-listed companies on capital raising activities including share placements, rights issues and share purchase plans, including First Growth Funds Limited, Xped Limited, Xanadu Mines Ltd, Bowen Coking Coal Limited, as well as advising underwriters on capital raisings.
- Assisting ASX listed Elementos Limited on its acquisition of the Oropesa Tin Project located in Spain from TSX-V listed Eurotin Limited via a Canadian plan of arrangement.
- Assisting ASX listed Australian Pacific Coal Limited with respect to multiple debt and equity capital raisings to acquire the Dartbrook Coal Mine in the Hunter Valley from Anglo American.
- Advising various companies on their ASX listings and IPOs, including via reverse takeovers.
- Advising Food Connect Shed and Seabin on their equity crowd funding raises.
- Advising REACH Australia on its Australian accelerator program. REACH Australia is a growth accelerator created by Second Century Ventures, an early-stage technology fund backed by the US National Association of REALTORS®, focused on technology companies in real estate and adjacent industries.
- Advised myprosperity on its $40m sale to HUB24 (ASX: HUB), a listed wealth industry provider and supplier of the HUB24 platform.