Anthony is a highly regarded tax practitioner with over 20 years’ experience. He has particular expertise in taxation planning and structuring for corporate clients, including advising on capital raisings, business structuring, mergers and acquisitions, and disputes with Federal and state taxation authorities.
Anthony’s current practice primarily focuses on tax advisory, advising in respect of employee share plans and executive remuneration, and managing tax disputes with revenue authorities. He has specific industry experience in the telecommunications, software / IT services industries, media and entertainment industry, and the property and construction sector.
- Advised myprosperity on its $40m sale to HUB24 (ASX: HUB), a listed wealth industry provider and supplier of the HUB24 platform.
- Advised Deluxe Small Business Sales, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of NYSE-listed Deluxe Corporation, on the sale of all its shares in Hostopia Australia Holding Co Pty Ltd to Newfold Digital, Inc.
- Establishing new business or asset holding structures, both for international and domestic groups that achieve tax effective outcomes for the business and its owners.
- Entering into contractual arrangements with business and investment partners, financiers, suppliers, and customers.
- Advising clients on organic growth strategies and providing transaction assistance on mergers and acquisitions.
- Restructuring existing structures to achieve operational and tax efficiencies.
- Design and implementation of executive and employee remuneration strategies, including share, option, and phantom plans.
- Structuring and planning for exit events such as trade sale or IPO.
- Successfully managing tax disputes for clients on a range of complex transactions in risk reviews and audits, including dealing with garnishee notices, making submissions at the GAAR Panel and utilising FOI legislation to formulate dispute strategy.
- Drafting tax and commercial agreements.
- Reviewing and lodging income tax returns of corporate groups, tax consolidated groups, and family groups, and ensuring that compliance obligations are met.
Awards and recognition
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022 and 2023Recommended – Tax
- The Tax Institute
- Institute of Chartered Accountants
Tax | 22 Aug 2023
The State Revenue Office Victoria and Revenue NSW have now confirmed, in the recently issued Revenue Ruling PTA-04, that payroll tax may apply to payments made by medical practices to their practitioners.