For over 12 years Angie has worked in insurance litigation, having acted for RAC Insurance, Zurich Insurance, QBE, IAG, Suncorp, Youi, Progressive Insurance, Calliden Insurance and National Transport Insurance.
After completing her articles training program, Angie has exclusively worked in recoveries for property damage and liability claims.
Over the many years Angie has practiced in recoveries, she has developed a depth of knowledge in negligence and contractual claims. She has managed litigation in New South Wales, South Australia and Western Australia and understands advocacy and the rules of evidence.
Angie has a keen interest in advocacy and trial work, having appeared as trial counsel for over 50 trials in the Magistrates Court of Western Australia, ranging from a wide variety of defended and recovery matters. The cases she has run in the Magistrates Court vary from claims of fraud, allegations of faulty workmanship and breach of the Australian Consumer Law provisions contained in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and property damage arising from motor vehicle collisions.
Angie thrives in working in a high-volume environment and enjoys working on a wide variety of different claims. Having managed a high volume of both defended and recovery files, she has a proven record in being able to manage litigation to trial in the Magistrates Court, District Court and Supreme Court of Western Australia.
Angie prides herself on being able to provide practical and common-sense advice. Her advice always takes into account her client’s commercial considerations.
- Acting as counsel in motor vehicle recovery claims, claims of fraud and bailment where liability and quantum are in dispute, leading evidence from lay and expert witnesses.
- Assisting counsel in respect of recovery proceedings issued out of the Supreme Court of Western Australia resulting from property damage.
- Appearing as counsel and managing claims in the Local Court of New South Wales.
- Appearing as counsel and managing claims in the Magistrates Court of South Australia.
- Defending and pursuing recovery of credit hire claims and appeals from the Local Court of New South Wales.
- Being involved in litigation against large manufacturers and suppliers seeking damages resulting from faulty workmanship and safety defects in product liability claims.
- Providing advice in respect of Residential Tenancy claims and appearing on behalf of insurers in circumstances where legal proceedings have been issued against the insured.
- Assisting clients in recovery actions arising from a breach of commercial lease agreement.
- Appearing as counsel at trial in a recovery action in bailment arising from an incident concerning a 1968 Chevrolet Camero.
- Investigating and advising insurers in large fire claims arising from negligence in large commercial premises and private property fires.
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Councillor, Law Society of Western Australia
Insurance | 5 Mar 2021
Navigating subrogated recoveries when an insurer and insured retain a significant interest in the proceeds is always a tricky exercise.