Amber is an experienced insurance litigator who helps insurers resolve CTP claims involving complex liability issues, catastrophic injuries, multi-defendant issues and detailed quantum assessments as well as compensation to relative claims.
Amber is an accomplished negotiator who remains focused on early resolution strategies, by providing strategic pre-litigation advice to clients. Amber has been focused on defendant CTP claims for the last 17 years and prior to this had experience in various forms of statutory insurance claims, medical negligence, employment and criminal law.
· Running multiple claims though the District and Supreme Court as well as the Court of Appeal.
· Representing insurers in the Mediation process.
· Successfully defending an infant claim in which breach of duty of care was admitted. The defence was run on the basis that the plaintiff failed to prove injury, loss or damage. The result was upheld by the Court of Appeal.
· Defending section 151Z recovery claims brought by workers compensation insurers.
· Managing and running complex CARS claims.
· Successfully having proceedings struck out by the Court on the basis of the plaintiff’s procedural breaches.
· Multiple successes with the Medical Assessment Service in having plaintiff’s assessment below the whole person impairment threshold through Reviews and Further Assessments.