'Adrian Verdnik delivers work that is on-time, accurate and with no surprises on cost. I always feel confident when Adrian has provided advice that I am receiving the right answer, without ambiguity. Would recommend Adrian to anyone.' – Investment Director, Acorn Capital
Adrian is the section leader of the firm's national Banking and Financial Services practice. Adrian’s financial services law practice covers superannuation, managed funds, insurance, and financial advice. His work includes both advisory and transactional services. He works for a variety of participants in the financial services industry, including issuers, investment professionals, and service providers.
Adrian is valued by his clients for his ability to balance the technical and commercial aspects of financial services law, and for his effective management and delivery of work.
Adrian is a recommended lawyer for financial services regulatory in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022. Adrian has been recognised in The Best Lawyers in Australia in Funds Management every year since 2020, and for Investment Funds and Superannuation Law for 2021.
- Advised Spirit Super, an Australian industry super fund, on its joint acquisition, with US infrastructure investor Stonepeak, of GeelongPort.
- Advised Spirit Super on the divestment of its interest in two foreign currency denominated syndicated loans to separate European infrastructure entities, each of which represented an interest of approximately A$45-55 million.
- Advised Aon on the sale of Aon Solutions Australia Limited, the operator of the ‘smartMonday’ superannuation business, to Future Superannuation Group.
- Acting for superannuation trustees, responsible entities and investment managers in mergers and acquisitions, including successor fund transfers, and service arrangements.
- Acting for superannuation trustees and life companies in the development, issue and distribution of new financial products including structured and guaranteed products, pooled schemes, and separately managed account products.
- Assisting superannuation trustees, administrators and other participants with MySuper and Superstream compliance, including applications and submissions.
- Managing regulatory compliance projects for financial services groups including FOFA and governance projects.
Awards and recognition
Best Lawyers in Australia 2024Recognised – Funds Management
Best Lawyers in Australia 2020-2023Recognised – Funds Management, Investment Funds & Superannuation Law
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022Recommended – Financial services regulatory
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia
Banking & Finance | 24 Oct 2023
The NSW Supreme Court has found that Beyond Bank Australia wrongfully de-banked Human Appeal International Australia when is unilaterally closed Human Appeal’s banking facilities without a valid reason.