The sports and entertainment industries have changed rapidly, in part due to significant technology innovations and the popularity of digital media.
We have extensive multidisciplinary experience in acting for clients in the sports and entertainment industries. Our team can assist clients with all industry matters, including:
- Commercial – structuring and negotiating commercial agreements, including media rights, sponsorship and marketing agreements, general contract preparation, standard terms and conditions, and sales and purchases of sporting and entertainment businesses.
- Governance – drafting and implementing rules and regulations, structuring and restructuring sporting organisations, competitions and clubs, and advising on directors’ duties and governance obligations.
- Litigation – commercial and non-commercial disputes and disciplinary matters, including in the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
- Intellectual property – licensing of intellectual property rights, copyright protection, trade mark applications, infringements and oppositions.
- Property – venue financing arrangements, building and construction projects, hiring, management and usage agreements.
- Employment and industrial relations – employment and contractor agreements, workplace strategies, industrial and common law disputes, termination of employment, redundancies, discrimination claims, immigration and visa applications
- Individuals – talent agreements, athlete management advice, employment and sponsorship arrangements, taxation advice and Olympic selection disputes.