New environment protection laws commenced in Victoria on 1 July 2021 when the Environment Protection Act 2017, and the new EP Regulations and Environment Reference Standards commenced operation. The new laws are the biggest change in Victorian environmental regulation in over 50 years, bringing a new focus on identifying and managing risks to human health and the environment. Significant new penalties also now apply.
Our EnviroManage module aims to increase your awareness of the key changes, including:
- the new risk management approach;
- the General Environment Duty (GED);
- duties to report and restore following pollution incidents;
- contaminated land duties;
- waste management duties;
- permissions and changes to existing approvals; and
- compliance and enforcement, and third party rights.
Register below to access the EnviroManage module.
"*" indicates required fields