Todd is a Senior Associate in Hall & Wilcox’s Tax team, practising predominantly in taxation advisory and disputes, with broader experience in charity law, general commercial matters, trust law and estate planning.
Todd’s work includes tax planning and structuring for high wealth individuals and family groups, managing complex early-stage and litigated taxation disputes, advising on tax-effective succession planning and estate administration, and establishing and advising not-for-profit entities. His key areas of practice include income tax, CGT and superannuation matters, with experience in duty, land tax and payroll tax.
Todd advises clients across the business spectrum, with particular focus on the mid-market. His clients are predominantly high net-worth individuals and family groups, SMEs and the charities and not-for-profit sector.
- Managing complex taxation disputes with federal and state taxation authorities.
- Engaging with federal and state taxation authorities with respect to voluntary disclosures of non-compliance with various tax and duty regimes.
- Advising high wealth individuals and family groups on their family succession plan, and executors on tax-effective estate administration.
- Advising on structuring business sales, mergers, restructures and acquisitions, so as to best take advantage of available tax and duty concessions and rollovers.
- Seeking duty exemptions and concessions in relation to complex group restructures. Advising on the taxation implications of substantial property developments in Victoria and New South Wales.
- Establishing and advising significant private and public charitable organisations.
- Providing tax expert reports for product disclosure statements.
Awards and recognition
Best Lawyers in Australia 2024Recognised – Tax Law ('Ones to Watch')
- The Tax Institute
- The Law Society of New South Wales
Tax | 22 Aug 2023
The State Revenue Office Victoria and Revenue NSW have now confirmed, in the recently issued Revenue Ruling PTA-04, that payroll tax may apply to payments made by medical practices to their practitioners.