Stephanie is a real estate lawyer with a broad range of experience in commercial property law and real estate transactions. She acts for clients in both the public and private sector, with a particular focus on the government, transport and infrastructure sectors.
Stephanie advises on complex commercial, industrial and retail leasing, acquisitions and disposals of assets (including in relation to compulsory acquisitions by agreement) and a range of land tenure and development issues relating to infrastructure projects, including renewable energy developments.
Stephanie's clients appreciate her direct style of communication, and have commended her for her precision and tenacity in driving successful outcomes.
- NSW Government - Acting for Transport for NSW (formerly RMS) in relation to a range of property matters, including road realignment agreements, general commercial leasing and redevelopment of commuter car parks.
- Infrastructure - Acted for a state-owned corporation in a range of issues relating to decommissioned power station assets, their management and repurposing. Stephanie was involved in the multi-party transaction which paved the way for the development of the former Wallerwang power station into an industrial park.
- Renewables - Advising developers of wind and solar farm projects on how to secure land tenure for their developments, which includes negotiating complex options, land acquisitions, leasing, licensing and easement arrangements with local landowners, local Councils, Crown Lands and other stakeholders.
- Landlord advisory - Acting for a number of landlords (including Gazcorp, NGI Investments and Kingsmede) on their diverse property portfolios, which include prime commercial office, industrial complexes and retail centres. This includes complex pre-commitment agreements, leasing and ancilliary agreements.
- Tenant advisory - Assisting a range of tenant companies to secure and manage their office tenures. Stephanie advises McKinsey on its tenant leasing requirements nationally, including complex agreement for lease for an integrated fit out in a new building in Melbourne and the renewal of its leasing arrangements in Sydney.
- Acquisitions - Acted for a wide range of clients on acquisitions of assets, including a group of strata owners in relation to the sale of their units to a developer for the purpose of a strata renewal development by way of a long term option.
- Disposals - Acted on a range of property disposals, including commercial office building 62 Pitt Street Sydney, and disposals of distressed assets for a range of financial institutions.
Awards and recognition
Doyle's Guide to the Australian Legal Profession 2022NSW Property Law Rising Star
Best Lawyers in Australia 2023Recognised – Real Property Law ('Ones to Watch 2023')
- NSW Law Society