Stephanie has over 15 years' experience in representing employers, insurers and self-insured corporations in the management and defence of a range of claims including intentional torts, property damage, pure economic loss and statutory classes of insurance.
She has the day-to-day conduct of many matters and appears in the Conciliation and Arbitration Services and the District and Supreme Courts of Western Australia. Stephanie is a strong proponent of early intervention and alternative dispute resolution.
- Stephanie has practised in both Western Australia and Victoria. She acts for and advises both insurers and self-insurers in the management and resolution of workers’ compensation claims.
- Stephanie regularly appears in the Workers’ Compensation Conciliation and Arbitration Services of Western Australia and has successfully defended and pursued a range of applications.
- Stephanie recently successfully pursued a section 60 application through the Workers’ Compensation Arbitration Service on the basis of an existence of a genuine dispute for non compliance with rehabilitation and also succeeded in obtaining a significant order for recovery of weekly payments.
- Stephanie was also involved in Ethnic Interpreters and Translators Pty Ltd v Sabri-Matanagh  WASCA 186.
Awards and recognition
Best Lawyers in Australia 2024Recognised – Insurance Law
Best Lawyers in Australia 2021-2023Recognised – Insurance Law, Personal Injury Litigation ('Lawyer of the Year 2023')
Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession 2021-2023Leading NSW Workers Compensation Lawyer (Defendant)
- Women Lawyers of Western Australia
- Australian Insurance Lawyers Association