Stacey has over 11 years’ experience in workers’ compensation law. In addition to her workers’ compensation practice, Stacey has specialised expertise in common law, public liability and asbestos claims. Stacey also has over four years of experience providing advice and representation to the Insurance Commission of Western Australia in respect of CTP matters out of the District Court of Western Australia. Stacey has established a property and motor vehicle recovery practice ranging from small claims out of the Magistrates Court of Western Australia to multi-million dollar claims out of the Supreme Court of Western Australia.
Stacey’s clients include insurers and self-insured employees. She is known for providing clear and comprehensive advice, ensuring they obtain the best possible outcome for the claims.
- Assessment of liability and damages in a matter where the plaintiff sustained serious personal injuries when he was assaulted while drinking at a tavern.
- Assessment of liability and damages in asbestos related workers’ compensation claims.
- Defending public liability claims against a leading retailer for injuries allegedly sustained by various customers and employees who fell in their shopping centres.
- Pursuing recovery from the State on behalf of insurers and insureds resulting from fires deliberately lit by the State in the Margaret River region.
- Assisting Counsel to prepare for a trial for the recovery of workers’ compensation payments made to an employee who suffered a personal injury during the course of their employment, on a third party’s premises.
- Assisting Counsel to prepare and instructing Counsel at the trial of a recovery claim for damages paid to an insured when his neighbour deliberately lit fires which escaped onto the insured’s property causing damage.
- Assisting Senior and Junior Counsel in respect of recovery proceedings out of the Supreme Court of Western Australia resulting from a collapsed wooden electricity pole in the Perth Hills.
- Providing advice and legal representation to the Insurance Commission of Western Australia in respect of minor and significant personal injuries arising from motor vehicle crashes.
- Assisting Counsel to prepare for a trial in respect of a personal injury sustained in a motor vehicle crash.
Awards and recognition
Best Lawyers in Australia 2023 & 2024Recognised – Insurance Law ('Ones to Watch')
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Women’s Law Association