Sevan is a highly experienced corporate lawyer, particularly in the areas of equity capital markets and mergers & acquisitions.
Sevan advises clients in a range of industries, but has significant experience in the mining sector, regularly acting for resources companies and investors on their strategic commercial matters.
In addition to significant private practice experience, Sevan spent time at a leading international resources company.
A small selection of Sevan’s experience includes:
- Advising Santos Limited on its $22 billion merger with Oil Search Limited.
- Advising IGO Limited on its $1.3 billion acquisition of Western Areas Limited.
- Advising SQM on its acquisition of a 50% interest in a lithium deposit and creation of a joint venture.
- Advising POSCO on its cornerstone investment in Pilbara Minerals Limited.
- Advising IGO Limited on its divestment of its interest in the Tropicana gold mine.
- Advising Enaex on its acquisition of Downer Blasting Services from Downer Mining.
- Advising IGO in relation to its takeover of Windward Resources Limited.
- Advising SRG Limited on its merger of equals with Global Construction Services Limited to form SRG Global Limited.
- Advising Evolution Mining (formerly Catalpa Resources) in relation to its merger with Conquest Mining and asset purchase from Newcrest Mining.
- Advising an energy retailer in relation to several of its joint venture power projects.
- Advising Australian Strategic Materials, Woodside Petroleum, Aspen Group, St Barbara Mining and BWP Trust in relation to their capital raising activities.
- Advising the Western Australian State Government in relation to its sale of Market City, the wholesale fruit and vegetable market in Canningvale.
- Advising a number of international mining resource funds in relation to their Australian investments.
Environmental, Social and Governance | 20 Nov 2023
We highlight the key implications financial market participants should be aware of.