Sauming is a specialist insurance lawyer with over 11 years’ civil litigation experience in personal injury and property damage.
Sauming has been involved in litigation across all jurisdictions. She has obtained successful settlements and court decisions for her clients on matters ranging from recovery claims by workplace and transport accident statutory insurers to more complex class actions, including claims against government authorities for alleged nuisance and damage arising from noise caused by upgrades in infrastructure and associated works.
She is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and a member of The Association for Women in Insurance.
- Claims in negligence (including occupier’s liability, product and manufacturers’ liability).
- Professional indemnity (mostly claims against medical practitioners).
- Intentional torts (trespass, wrongful arrest, false imprisonment, battery).
- Breach of contract, claims of indemnity, hold harmless, liquidated damaged clauses.
- Insurance, policy interpretation.
- Statutory interpretation Administrative appeals.
- Cross-jurisdictional disputes (both interstate and international).
- Law Institute of Victoria
- The Association for Women in Insurance