Noel advises his clients on commercial disputes and related matters including banking and finance, insolvency, the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), ASIC and other regulatory issues.
Noel’s clients include public and private companies, banks and other financial institutions, insolvency practitioners, manufacturers, and a significant number of large and small businesses and accountants.
Noel has been recognised in The Best Lawyers in Australia in Litigation every year since 2014 and as a recommended litigation & dispute resolution lawyer in Victoria in Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession.
- Acting for liquidators, administrators and receivers in litigation in the Supreme and Federal Courts.
- Acting in the defence of ACCC enforcement under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Acting in the defence of ASIC enforcement under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
- Intellectual property litigation.
- Trust and trustee duty litigation.
- Litigating franchise disputes in the Federal and Supreme Courts.
- Acting for parties involved in Royal Commissions and Inquiries: Tricontinental, Pyramid Building Society, HIH Insurance, Building Industry, and Trade Unions Royal Commission.
- Preparation of foreign bribery and corruption policies and procedures, and the delivery of training to organisations.
- Advice to boards on duties under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
Awards and recognition
Best Lawyers in Australia 2014-2024Recognised – Litigation
IP Litigation & Dispute Resolution | 2 Dec 2016
Apple and Pear Australia Limited (APAL), the owner of well-known PINK LADY trade marks in over 80 countries, has been successful in its appeal to the Court of Appeal of Victoria against Pink Lady America, LLC (PLA) regarding rights over PINK LADY trade marks in Chile.