Nicholas Beech is an experienced lawyer with specialist skills in workplace health and safety law. He has a particular focus on risk management, incident management, inquiries, incident related litigation, due diligence advice and awareness and prevention matters.
Organisations regularly call on Nick to urgently assist with all aspects of managing the response to workplace deaths and serious incidents from undertaking investigations and dealing with regulators through to defending prosecutions. He has presented to many company boards on their work health and safety duties and the implementation of the modernised laws, published an article on the introduction of industrial manslaughter laws across Australia and guidance material on the new Western Australian WHS Laws.
- Acting in relation to work health and safety accidents and subsequent prosecutions including in relation to fatal accidents.
- Advising on work health and safety incident and regulatory matters and compliance obligations.
- Acting in relation to an offshore incident investigation and Commission of Inquiry.
- Advising organisations on the modernisation of work health and safety laws, including the changes to mining, petroleum and general industry laws under the Western Australian Work Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Advising in relation to mine, rail, port and construction compliance matters.
- Advising on and developing safety management systems, procedures, policies and training programs.
- Undertaking safety audits and reviews.
Awards and recognition
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022Recommended – Labour and employment
- Law Society of Western Australia