Martin specialises in insurance litigation, working with insurers on defending compulsory third party claims.
He has appeared in the NSW District Court, Supreme Court and Court of Appeal.
Martin also enjoys pro bono work and spends time giving legal advice on motor vehicle accident insurance matters and preparing applications on behalf of refugees.
Prior to joining Hall & Wilcox, Martin worked in-house for an insurer in its compulsory third party department and has first-hand experience with delivering outcomes that insurers are looking for. He has also practised in general insurance, workers compensation, defamation, family law and criminal law.
- Providing advice on a wide range of both liability and quantum issues in compulsory third party insurance.
- Achieving verdicts for the defendant in personal injury matters where both liability and causation of injuries was disputed.
- Conducting settlement conferences and instructing Counsel at hearings, mediations and arbitrations.
- Specialising in defending major and catastrophic claims.
- Regularly conducts continuing professional development sessions for Hall & Wilcox’s compulsory third party insurance team.
- Acting in relation to personal injury claims outside the jurisdiction of NSW, including other states and territories within Australia.