Lucy is an experienced project and construction lawyer.
Lucy has extensive experience in front and back end project and construction matters and enjoys assisting clients problem solve complex issues.
- Acting for the designers (a consortium of three entities) of the 2000MW Snowy 2.0 hydro project.
- Acting for Jemena Northern Gas Pipeline Pty Ltd in response to two multi million dollar security of payment adjudication applications, including preparing for and issuing an interlocutory application in the Supreme Court of the Northern Territory. (Jemena Northern Gas Pipeline Pty Ltd v Civmec Constructions & Engineering Pty Ltd and Smith  NTSC 52 (1 July 2019); Jemena Northern Gas Pipeline Pty Ltd v Civmec Constructions Engineering Pty Ltd Smith  NTSC 54 (10 July 2019)).
- Advising Enzen on its role as the EPC contractor for two utility scale solar projects in various states and territories in Australia which project sizes from 30-50MW.
- Acting for and appearing on behalf of Head, Transport for Victoria in relation to property acquisition and compensation related works for major projects in Victoria, including negotiating terms of settlement and preparing land title documents.
- Acting for private and public sector clients in relation to Crown land issues, leases and licences.
- Acting for Boom Logistics Limited in respect of a dispute relating to the construction of the Cattle Hill Wind Farm, Tasmania and also in respect of the construction of the Clarke Creek Wind Farm, Queensland.
- Acting for the liquidators of the Hastie Group Limited (in Liquidation) for the recovery of debtor claims of approximately $60 million in trade receivables, and approximately $70 million in proceeds from called upon bank guarantees.
- Acting for AusNet Services in relation to a Security of Payment adjudication application against the joint venture of CPB Contractors Pty Ltd and John Holland Pty Ltd for the Westgate Tunnel Project.
- Acting for St. John of God and Regis Aged Care in relation to the preparation and negotiation of various construction contracts.
- Acting for a number of landowners potentially affected by the Star of the South Offshore Wind project.
Corporate & Commercial | 28 Feb 2018
Decisions of the Ad Hoc and Anti-doping Divisions of the Court of Arbitration for Sport for the Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympic Games
Once again, we take a look at the decisions of the Court of Arbitration for Sport’s Ad Hoc and Anti-doping Divisions for the recently concluded 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games.