Langton has extensive experience across all aspects of the funds management and agribusiness industries.
He has particular expertise in investment vehicles seeking to raise capital from the retail and wholesale sectors.
Langton advises both start up enterprises and long-established businesses about raising new capital or debt, establishing investment opportunities and restructuring existing businesses and investment projects.
He is a member of the Property Funds Association.
- Advising IntegraPay on the share sale to a US-based competitor funded by a global private equity investment firm, one of the largest in the US, including lengthy negotiation due to the COVID-19 economic impact, as well as a corporate restructure of multiple entities within the group, the registration of trade marks in Australia and overseas, the variation of the group’s AFS licence.
- Lead adviser to MARQ Private Funds, a specialist independent wholesale fund trustee, including providing structuring advice on multi-layered funds; establishing many wholesale managed funds across various industry sectors, including commercial property, development, mortgage and other credit products, equities, venture capital, significant investor visa, water rights/entitlements, crypto assets and other financial assets, attracting both domestic and international equity capital; preparing information memoranda for each fund; and conducting verification on the disclosure content.
- Advising Vasco Trustees on establishing and promoting multiple retail and wholesale funds across various sectors, including property, equities, alternative assets, and significant investor visa offerings. Vasco is an independent professional investment management group providing fund establishment, trustee, and administration services to Australian and international investment managers.
- Advising Kilter Investments on the Australian Farmlands Fund, a stapled wholesale agribusiness fund comprising a landowning vehicle and an operations vehicle, including establishing the fund, preparing the constitution with appropriate stapling provisions, negotiating the subscription agreement with institutional investors, reviewing and settling the information memorandum, plus reviewing and advising on cross-border capital placement agreements and compliance with the Australian financial services laws.
- Providing ongoing compliance advice to Australian Secure Capital Fund on three registered funds he established– ASCF Select Income Fund, ASCF High Yield Fund, ASCF Premium Capital Fund – and advising on establishing two wholesale funds – the ASCF Private Fund and the Australian Mortgage Finance Services Fund, including structuring advice, preparing the constitutions, and reviewing the information memorandum to promote the investment opportunities to wholesale clients.
- Lead adviser to the trustee of wholesale development fund HS Consortium Development Fund which is structured as a master fund with underlying development sub-trusts., including preparing the fund's constitution, its information memorandum, investment committee charters and also conducting verification and due diligence before the fund was formally launched.
- Advising Munro Asset Management, the responsible entity of Munro Global Growth Fund, on the preparation of its PDS and the prime broker agreement with Morgan Stanley & Co.
- Lead adviser to the trustee of wholesale fund ACIF Prosperity Fund which is a complying vehicle for the significant investor visa regime. As part of this project, we also established a sub-trust beneath the ACIF Prosperity Fund that facilitated investment into the emerging companies and balancing investment streams under the significant investor visa rules.
- Lead adviser to the general partner of Australian Innovation Fund, a registered venture capital limited partnership. In addition to establishing the VCLP and settling the information memorandum, we also incorporated a venture capital management partnership, being a separate limited partnership registered with the Victorian Office of Consumer Affairs.
- Lead adviser to Kilter Investments, the trustee of Murray-Darling Basin Balanced Water Fund, an innovative social impact fund established and sponsored by the US-based The Nature Conservancy. The fund has financial, environmental and social objectives achieved through buying, leasing and trading water and donating annual amounts to both agriculture and ecologically significant wetlands.
Awards and recognition
Chambers Asia Pacific 2023Recognised for Investment Funds
Best Lawyers in Australia 2020-2024Recognised for Corporate Law
Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession 2020Recommended Business & Commercial Lawyers (QLD)
- Property Funds Association