Kristopher leads the migration practice at Hall & Wilcox Lawyers.
He advises on all aspects of migration to Australia, with particular emphasis on employment-related migration. He has advised a wide range of clients, including large public and international companies, as well as small-to-medium enterprises.
Kristopher also has experience in assisting individuals with their migration matters, including skilled, business, investor and family visa applicants.
Businesses have engaged Kristopher to perform and prepare audit reports on their visa workforce, develop strategies to meet migration regulatory requirements and provide ad-hoc advice on all visa matters.
- Acting on behalf of clients that are approved to sponsor overseas workers in respect of monitoring audits, including preparation of submissions and legal arguments setting out the clients’ compliance with their sponsorship obligations.
- Negotiating labour agreements on behalf of businesses.
- Advising on labour template matters to be utilised by industry associations.
- Managing self-reporting incidents involving breaches of the Migration Act 1958.
- Advising businesses on strategies to manage their relocation program.
- Advising business owners and investors on regulatory requirements for the Business Innovation and Investment visa, including the Significant Investor stream (Subclass 188).
- Advising and assisting individuals in relation to their eligibility for Australian temporary or permanent residence through the employer sponsored migration program.
- Advising individuals who have ceased to hold an Australian visa on satisfying the requirements of the Migration Regulations 1994 (Cth) and on their eligibility to apply for alternative visas, on- and off-shore.
- Overturning a visa cancellation decision of the Department of Home Affairs on character grounds (s501) at the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.
- Successfully appealing investor, family and business visa refusals at the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.
- Migration Institute of Australia