Kirrilee has more than 20 years’ experience in personal injury claims, having acted for both claimants and insurers in NSW and England.
Since 2004 Kirrilee has specialised in acting for insurers in NSW in catastrophic and complex CTP claims. She is known for her pragmatic approach and aims for cost-effective and fair resolution of claims, with a strong emphasis on her client’s commercial objectives.
Kirrilee has expertise in dealing with contentious matters involving multiple defendants, indemnity and liability disputes, complex issues of medical causation and fraud.
- Managing all aspects of contentious liability, indemnity and medical causation disputes in the NSW motor accidents scheme.
- Informal resolution of claims including mediation.
- Conducting proceedings in the Claims Assessment Resolution Service and Personal Injury Commission.
- Conducting proceedings and interlocutary applications in District Court, Supreme Court, Court of Appeal and High Court.
- Member, NSW Law Society Injury Compensation Committee
- Member, Australian Insurance Law Association
- Member, Women Lawyers’ Association
Insurance | 8 Jul 2020
His Honour Judge Smith SC has determined that a driver did not owe his passenger a duty of care in circumstances in which the passenger was a voluntary participant in an impromptu illegal street race.