Kirrilee has more than 15 years’ legal experience and acts on behalf of insurers in relation to catastrophic and complex personal injury claims. She is known for her pragmatic approach and aims for cost-effective resolution of matters where possible.
Kirrilee works with insurers to resolve CTP and public liability insurance claims with a strong emphasis on her client’s commercial objectives. The claims she deals with often involve complex issues in relation to liability, quantum, credibility or fraud.
- Acted on behalf of the Nominal Defendant in a matter which went through three District Court hearings and two successful appeals spanning a period of 10 years, ultimately resulting in a verdict for her client.
- Acted on behalf of the defendant in a claim involving an intoxicated driver and intoxicated pedestrian, which led to a finding of 40% contributory negligence on the part of the pedestrian.
- Acted on behalf of the defendant in a claim arising from a collision at intersection which resolved by way of a consent judgment for the defendant following extensive factual investigations and informal negotiations.
- Acted on behalf of the defendant in a claim involving a vehicle struck by a prime mover which resolved following informal negotiations for 20% of the plaintiff’s claim.
- Obtained a verdict for defendant in District Court proceedings on the basis of a defence of ‘joint illegal enterprise’. The plaintiff and the insured driver had embarked on drive to purchase illicit drugs and the plaintiff had suffered serious injury when the driver crashed the vehicle on the return journey shortly after consuming some of those drugs.