Kathryn’s practice is predominantly in commercial litigation and insolvency.
Kathryn advises and represents clients in a wide range of matters, including general commercial litigation, banking and finance litigation involving mortgages, guarantees and loan agreements, debt recovery and enforcement and corporate insolvency advice.
Kathryn has acted on behalf of clients including banks, large corporates, private companies and individuals.
Kathryn has represented clients in the Magistrates’, County, Federal and Supreme Courts and VCAT.
- Advising a corporate client in relation to a contractual dispute regarding a large development of land.
- Advising on the application of the Personal Property Securities Act.
- Advising on debt recovery proceedings in relation to chattel mortgages and mortgagee repossession files.
- Acting on an injunction application on behalf of a mortgagee in possession of residential property.
- Advising liquidators in relation to managed investment schemes.
Thinking | 23 May 2017
On 28 March 2017 the Australian Bankers’ Association (ABA) released its response to Mr Phil Khoury’s independent review of the Code of Banking Practice (Code) issued on 20 February 2017 (Khoury Report).